Answered

Last.FM - No scrobble or double scrobble

• 30 October 2018
  • 32 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

I think I found the problem. Since a couple of months your last.fm account is already embedded in spotify (once you activated it).

However, it looked like that when I was playing music through the sonos app, it didn't register the song as "Played through Spotify", so no scrobble. However, those scrobbles are only added at an X point in time (I think once I opened spotify on my phone on the Wi-fi). Then it started syncing.

So, for me the problem is solved, by actually not using the Last.FM in Sonos.
This isn't a very odd issue, I raised this as an issue a while back (I am still getting double scrobbles but only when using Spotify) The response was a simple from support "it's spotify" even though just using spotify on phone works perfectly. For me they don't repeat immediately but sometimes hours after sometimes showing with same time but mostly 2,3,4 minutes later. I hope this time round it get's resolved.
Hi Edward. I tried it again last weekend, and the double scrobbles still appears. Interesting thing is that the double scrobbles do not happen on exactly the same time (a couple of minutes apart).

Code: 2413927008
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Apologies, Gertjan. I completely missed your response so I'm happy to jump back in. Just to test one thing, if you remove and re-add the service again, does the bug then go away temporarily once more, I wonder? It's more for testing purposes, by no means do I suggest you continuously do this. It might also be helpful to provide a diagnostic, just in case something stands out there. Could you reply with the confirmation number? Thanks in advance.
Hi Edward,

A really strange thing happened. After re-installing the bug looked fixed, however when I check my Last.FM now, the same problem appears again.

Interesting (this happend the first time as well) is that the double scrobble doesn't happen at exactly the same time (but a couple of minutes apart, like one scrobbles at the start, the other at the end of the song).

Any other suggestions how to fix it?
I just removed and reinstalled it - thanks for the tip. I'll see if it will work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Gertjan. Could you try removing and re-adding the service for us? It sounds like a very odd issue. If that doesn't work, not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.