Answered

is there going to be option to play music direct from android devices rather than have an external source?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

157 replies

Me too... just bought the system and would dearly love to use music on my Samsung GS3 or Android Tablet without having to have the PC open which is sort of a pain... While you are about enable Google play please !!!
I support this - as Android is now overtaking iOS rapidly. Like other Android users, am not on iTunes or have any iOS devices. I am very keen to purchase a Sonos system if it could 1) stream music from Android phone or tablet (as it can with iPhone etc) - rather than from PC/laptop or network attached harddrive. 2) use as wireless soundbar/stereo speakers for smartTV rather than analogue line in (which is not available on Play 3, but available on Play 5 or higher.) Or provide wired digital connection at least on Play 3 / 5. Both of which have been raised seperately by current users. However, I note that Samsung phones, tablets and smartTV are all DLNA compliant. Would making Sonos DLNA compliant, not address both of the above in one go??
Hello Michael, I have moved this over to the Ideas section as it is not currently supported. This way, other users can also add their support for this feature.
Oops I meant Azur, not Michael
Hello Michael, I have moved this over to the Ideas section as it is not currently supported. This way, other users can also add their support for this feature.
Michael, this was just implemented on iOS which makes it logical to also implement for android (android community is huge). Will all iPhone updates be ported to android shortly thereafter?
I support this! My roommate can stream directly from her iphone to my sonos system and im jealous (galaxy s3). I hope this comes soon to android. Its only fair!
I have just purchased my first sonos system and want to play music stored on my android phone. However, the sonos app isnt showing any music. Any ideas? This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Playing music stored on my android device.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1