Question

Is there any way to put a password on your sonos system?

• 13 February 2013
  • 108 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

108 replies

Userlevel 1
I have a related question. I have 7 Sonos devices in 3 homes. When I go back and forth between houses I am constantly resetting the controller. Support has told me this is for my own protection, but I do not buy that as others are saying in this thread. There needs to be some form authentication. I would like to be able to select "which Sonos" I want to connect to and then enter a PIN if I am changing from one to another. It would also be nice to be able to have the Sonos Favorites list in you cloud or in the controller so that it can be the same for multiple devices, if desired. Many people who can afford Sonos also have more than one home and what I am suggesting is really needed.
I also ask sonos about password protection ,a apple tv also have the possibility to protect your network why not on your sonos or the choise
Userlevel 2
Hello, There isn't a way to set a password or limit accessibility of the Sonos system. If someone has an iOS or Android device and is able to connect to your main network and gone through the setup process with the Sonos application they will have access to the system.
Scott, i wrote 2 comments below. I would love to hear a realistic statement about the future developments in this matter.. especially you guys are talking about it since years.
Userlevel 2
It is an easy fix and people are, simply are, requesting it. Of course the world would be awesome with butterflies everywhere and people respecting your network, but on parties, people drink and won't act as in a perfect world. I totally blame sonos for something nowadays even coffee machines have as  feature. Again, we have guests staying and in the guestroom it's the same network, so even if by inadvertence they play their Pantera in my room at 2 AM, it wouldn't happen if the sonos network would have such a simple and basic feature.
Badge
Granted this would be a great feature but are you really going to punish sonos for something that you can easily control? If i had friends that were doing that to me i would tell them to stop changing channels or i will lock them out of my network. With no access they have no control, it really is that simple. If they want to go find an empty network jack then i would tell them if they continue they will no longer be allowed over. If you have friends that will not respect your wishes then they really are not friends.
Userlevel 2
I now put Sonos 1, 3, 5 and connect in most of our house but since most friends know we have sonos, they constantly change music. People are requesting an option to protect their sonos since more than 3 years. Will you finally do something or will you just watch people leaving Sonos for something that has access control? This should have been on your priority list since a long time
Userlevel 1
Sonos need to change this so one master controller has main access and can stop others logging on....please do an update so this is an option
Badge
Hello, There isn't a way to set a password or limit accessibility of the Sonos system. If someone has an iOS or Android device and is able to connect to your main network and gone through the setup process with the Sonos application they will have access to the system.