iOS14 upgrade - S1 app not working

• 17 September 2020
  • 58 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Update. One week later. Sorry to say my previous attempts to solve this, one worked temporarily and lasted a few days. This morning the status is iPad running iOS 12 no longer connects, iPad running iPadOS 14 no longer connects, iPhone running iOS 12 connected briefly this morning,  now no longer connects. Thanks for all the suggestion Ken and everyone else in community. I’ll continue to try suggestions. My last post on this topic. The level of support from SONOS has been atrocious. Spending so long trying to fix software faults like this is something I’d expect when I try to do things on the cheap. A SONOS isn’t cheap. If I had the money it would be out the door. Unfortunately I’m stuck with it.

If your router broadcasts both 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz try disabling 5 GHz as an experiment and see if that changes anything.

Badge

I still have this problem. Gave the S1 app the privacy/local network permission, deleted the app, re-installed the app, restarted the iPhone (14.0.1). Twice. The S1 app still can’t find my sonos system, although my Macs both see it fine. All devices on S1 11.2.3.

I lied. One of my Macs wasn’t on the latest sonos version (11.2.3). As soon as I updated that, then the iOS version of the S1 app suddenly found my sonos system and all is good again.

Just curious where you see the S1 version. I have both S1 and S2 apps installed on my iOS 14.0.1 phone and iPad, but neither works. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out. Try to remove and re-add the Sonos app on your phone if it’s not working properly. Make sure to turn on the permission and also a reboot of your phone may help. Let us know how it goes. We and the community are always here to help.

Is this workaround the production version IOS14 update for S1?

I have nearly 20 Sonos devices running via a boost connected to a 6 node Linksys Velop mesh network.

Post IOS14 - in addition to having just spend 3 hours manually resetting and reattaching every Device to the Boost network, the local access functionality workaround accessing the mesh network directly has created chaos. The mesh network dynamically manages load profile to the individual nodes and in turn the Sonos speakers now. This has created constant drop outs right across the network as the mesh network reallocates the load.

Can I raise a ticket to have this remediated please?

Badge

I’ve managed to resolve my issue with the Sonos app not finding the system over WiFi after updating iPhone to IOS14. Posting it in case it helps anyone else struggling with this issue. All other solutions noted above ie rebooting router, changing network privacy setting, unplugging speakers, uninstalling and reinstalling app etc all failed for me.  

Apparently an additional privacy feature introduced by IOS14 was the use of a private address when connecting your iPhone to a WiFi network. This option can be found by selecting your WiFi network on your phone.  I turned this off and the Sonos app immediately worked. 

Did not work for me. I’m actually on the verge of getting rid of  the entire system. It is ridiculous that Sonos is not able to fix this. 

This is what I’ve done so far. Today it is still not working. I reset the router twice. Worked, but I cannot keep doing this on a weekly basis. Installed and reinstalled the App. Both S1 and S2. No difference. Removed the “private address” setting on my i’hone’s Wifi configuration. No difference. 

At this point they are collecting dust and going on the curb in a week. What a waste of money! 

Badge +1

Ok, it works one day.

currently no Connection via App 

App reinstall, reboot iPhone … Connection via App works again.  But this is not smart 

Again.. no Connection. 
also with iOS 14.1 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @pjseps, welcome to the Sonos Community! I appreciate you sharing that with us and I’m glad that you got your system working. Please let us know if you need anything. We and the community are always here to help.