iOS14 upgrade - S1 app not working

• 17 September 2020
  • 58 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Hi Ken, I have no idea to be honest.  This is why I think it may play up again.  I tried the sonos support suggestions, several times, and couldn’t get connection.  Whilst trying the suggestions Ive never seen the SONOS App listed in the Privacy > Local Network settings.   Its there in Privacy > Bluetooth.  Getting things working seemed to be a combination of disabling Private IP in WiFi Network on iPad, and turning router and sonos devices on and off in the order i described.  It may have been a coincidence, and it may play up again.  But, even though its working fine now, SONOS still isnt listed in Privacy > Local Network settings.

Everytime I go to use the Sonos app it can’t find the 3 speakers. I have tried all the fixes mentioned above the only thing that works is resetting the router…..every single time! I have an iphone on ios 14..I’ve checked and double checked the privacy/local networks….nothing fixes it. Can someone at Sonos help?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the S1 App and setting it up again to control the ‘existing’ system? It should prompt you to allow access to the local network… I’ve just reset mine, as a test and this is what I see during first launch:

Hi Ken, Ive probably confused things by posting to this thread about S1.  I’m now running S2. I was having trouble with S1 on all my devices, ipad, iphone, and I tried everything suggested.  Not sure what happened.  But once I found Connect(Gen2) could run S2, I upgraded Connect and Play:1.  And the old ipad and iphones we have are now fine.  Its just the newer ipadOS 14 ipad i was still having trouble with.  Apologies for posting about S2 to this S1 thread.  But I guess the ipadOS 14 Privacy feature is common to both.  And I never see the prompt you describe when installing S2 on the ipad (I’ve installed a few times now).  And SONOS still isn’t listed in Privacy > Local Network, even though it seems to be working fine now.

Hi Ken, Ive probably confused things by posting to this thread about S1.  I’m now running S2. I was having trouble with S1 on all my devices, ipad, iphone, and I tried everything suggested.  Not sure what happened.  But once I found Connect(Gen2) could run S2, I upgraded Connect and Play:1.  And the old ipad and iphones we have are now fine.  Its just the newer ipadOS 14 ipad i was still having trouble with.  Apologies for posting about S2 to this S1 thread.  But I guess the ipadOS 14 Privacy feature is common to both.  And I never see the prompt you describe when installing S2 on the ipad (I’ve installed a few times now).  And SONOS still isn’t listed in Privacy > Local Network, even though it seems to be working fine now.

That’s okay - the S2 App prompts here in the exact same way as S1(as per screenshot in my last post), but only when it’s fully uninstalled/reinstalled. Note it will not prompt for network access if the App is simply reset.

If it doesn’t do that, then I suspect there might be an issue with the iPad. Perhaps try uninstalling and rebooting the iPad before reinstalling the S2 Sonos App from the App Store. Oh and don’t forget to connect to the ‘existing’ system.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @StuW, if you’ve tried the troubleshooting steps listed above, then I’d recommend reaching out to the Support Team via either live chat or phone call - these kinds of issue are often related to the network, and the team will be able to take a closer look at your system, as well as perform some live troubleshooting with you :)

Thank you for your answer. My wife has a Samsung phone and it works perfectly on hers. I will contact the support as well later. Shame the issue has arisen for apple products. 

I still have this problem. Gave the S1 app the privacy/local network permission, deleted the app, re-installed the app, restarted the iPhone (14.0.1). Twice. The S1 app still can’t find my sonos system, although my Macs both see it fine. All devices on S1 11.2.3.

I’ve tried all suggested work arounds. Still can’t find network. 

upgraded my iPhone 11to ISO 14 and no issues, upgraded the wife iPhone 6 to IOS 14.0, and the Sonos S1 app could not connect. Deleted the app and reinstalled it and all ok 

Badge +1

Ok, it works one day.

currently no Connection via App 

That’s not an issue with your app, it is an issue with your network. Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, and give it a minute, only then plug back in your Sonos devices. 

I’ve got the same with my iPhone ios14 and S2. I have ticked the local network setting and still can’t find my Sonos devices. Might try on my iPad tomorrow. 

I’m having this same issue. - right after I updated to iOS14.  Can’t connect to Sonos.  Tried almost all of the suggestions.  Is there going to be a fix for this?

I’m on the S2 app and have enabled the setting but still getting the message that the system can’t be found. 
ive given up for the night but might try again tomorrow. 

The ‘system can’t be found’ is a completely different issue. Try two things. First, unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router recovers, plug back in your Sonos. 

Second, try wiring one of your speakers to the router directly with an Ethernet cable. 

If neither works, open a new thread. 

Badge

Same - I still have this problem. S1 app on an iPad running iOS13.7 finds the system fine. S1 app on an iPhone 8+ that’s just been updated to iOS14 can’t find anything. I’ve checked the local network toggle that was already On and toggled it back and forth, no difference. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app. I’ve restarted the phone. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out. Just to let you know that users who updated to iOS 14 and are running the Sonos S1 app, will get the system not found if you deny the permission.

Workaround

Go to iOS settings->Privacy->Local Network-> Sonos S1 and turn on the permission

d37ad3ed-8ee9-43db-a973-d6a76fd4e95c

Let us know if you can now access the system. 

We and the community are always here to help.

The Sonos S2 app is also impacted similarly- at least it was for me.

Just to clarify- the S1 app never asked for permission to access the local network until I reinstalled it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! I’m glad it’s working now. Just let us know if you need anything. We and the community are always here to help.

Up dated to IOS14 yesterday, SI app refused to work. 
After an hour of doing the turn it on and off again dance, with no joy… in installed the app and reinstalled it.

The app then asked permission to connect to Wif and Bluetooth- system is now up and running.

Same here and also did the settings like mentioned. Unfortunately still not working

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! 

If you all still experience a system not found after enabling Local Network Privacy for Sonos S1, then we need to continue to troubleshoot System Not Found as normal.

The ‘system can’t be found’ is a completely different issue. Try two things. First, unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router recovers, plug back in your Sonos. 

Second, try wiring one of your speakers to the router directly with an Ethernet cable. 

If neither works, open a new thread. 

Check that out. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge +1

Same issue with my sonos one S2

and ios 14.

no Connection via Solos-App or via AirPlay.

network Access in Setting are allowed.

Hi,

on my side it was working perfectly before updating to iOS14.

i went to the options and updated the local network setting.

however the app is stuck on the opening screen and nothing can be done.

Turned on Local Network permission for Sonos S1 app, but still cannot group any rooms using either of our iPhones.  However grouping works on the Sonos desktop app for Mac.  Any resolution on this?