iOS14 upgrade - S1 app not working

• 17 September 2020
  • 58 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out. Just to let you know that users who updated to iOS 14 and are running the Sonos S1 app, will get the system not found if you deny the permission.

Workaround

Go to iOS settings->Privacy->Local Network-> Sonos S1 and turn on the permission

d37ad3ed-8ee9-43db-a973-d6a76fd4e95c

Let us know if you can now access the system. 

We and the community are always here to help.

The Sonos S2 app is also impacted similarly- at least it was for me.

The ‘system can’t be found’ is a completely different issue. Try two things. First, unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router recovers, plug back in your Sonos. 

Second, try wiring one of your speakers to the router directly with an Ethernet cable. 

If neither works, open a new thread. 

I’m on the S2 app and have enabled the setting but still getting the message that the system can’t be found. 
ive given up for the night but might try again tomorrow. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out. Just to let you know that users who updated to iOS 14 and are running the Sonos S1 app, will get the system not found if you deny the permission.

Workaround

Go to iOS settings->Privacy->Local Network-> Sonos S1 and turn on the permission

d37ad3ed-8ee9-43db-a973-d6a76fd4e95c

Let us know if you can now access the system. 

We and the community are always here to help.

I’ve got the same with my iPhone ios14 and S2. I have ticked the local network setting and still can’t find my Sonos devices. Might try on my iPad tomorrow. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Ran into this issue this morning, although I have the S2 app on my iPad. I suddenly received a message my Sonos system could not be found on my network.

Turns out I had to go to Settings/Privacy/Local Network and select Sonos much as “Duncal” described above.

I just upgraded to iOS14.

Wish Sonos would have communicated this to its customer base.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same problem on iPhones but not iPads - found in settings under app the option to allow connection to local networks needed to be toggled on.

Badge

same here, did not go the lenghts of un/re installing as I have a few iphones stil on ios 13.x which still work
Can SONOS confirm that they will fix the issue and/or that we need to re-install to get it working ???