iOS14 upgrade - S1 app not working

• 17 September 2020
  • 58 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Dang man - when I signed in Sonos popped up with a “do you want emails about discounts on new products?” At this point, I want to pitch my entire Sonos system into the Potomac and move to Alaska - But - rather than burn it down, I’d love to get this app woking again. I have:

unplugged router, reset router, unplugged all Sonos components, reset components, plugged in the Sonos components into the router, unplugged all Sonos components after resetting the router and added them one at a time, reset the boost and added it back in. Rinse and repeat all of the above 

I uninstalled/re-installed the Sonos app three times, made sure I have permissions granted in the Privacy>Local Network, turned off the phone, reinstalled the app. Rinse and repeat. 

I have iOs 14, my girlfriend uses an older phone and older ios and can connect. I can connect with my computer - Macbook - I cannot with my iPhone 11, ios 14. Bam

Sure - high quality problems, I get that, but what the heck man. I’m good at this technology stuff but am baffled. There is something about a dedicated ip address - that stuff is beyond my capabilities. I am stumped. I may have to go full Boomer and actually call these dues at Sonos for help. So lame.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Note that the iOS14 prompt to enable Local Network permissions for non-aware apps is not totally reliable. Based on experience, if you have trouble forcing it to appear, do this:

Uinstall the Sonos app

Reboot your device

Reinstall the Sonos app

When you start it, you should get the Local Network privacy prompt, and say Allow.

Also “connect to existing system” when the app asks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. I really appreciate the assistance and sharing your experiences here. This is really helpful. Just let us know if you need anything. We and the community are always here to help.

Ok tried more stuff and got it to work.  One of the things I did was to check with my interest service provide home page.  I use AT&T and they have a website where I can manage my internet (like the name and password, setting up guest network, etc).  It can also show what devices are connected to the internet.  So when I checked, none of my sonos devices showed up as being connected to my network.  For some reason it looked like when I upgraded to iOS14 it reset or kicked my sonos devices off the internet and wasn’t connecting back up automatically?  Weird.  Anyway, I did a restart of my network from the website.  It took a few minutes to shut down and restart (and honestly I am not sure if this is the same as unplugging the router or not) but after the restart it showed the sonos devices back and then I was able to reconnect to my sonos app on my phone.  Not sure this will work for everyone, seems like there are other issues too, but worth a try. 

Just as a secondary note, Sonos will not work with any Apple Beta iOS versions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the new users here in the community. Just to let you know that after enabling Local Network Privacy for the Sonos S1 app, it should perfectly work as the same with other apps in iOS devices. 

Upon opening the S1 App for the first time after updating to iOS 14 you will be prompted to enable "LocalNetworkPrivacy" for the Sonos App:

8392f7b4-8ffb-4bc0-b26e-4d4272f00fa0

If you deny this permission, you will be met with the system not found.

After allowing the Sonos S1 and still experiences system not found, then it’s a different problem. Continue to troubleshoot 'System Not Found' as normal.

Just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge +1

Ok, it works one day.

currently no Connection via App 

App reinstall, reboot iPhone … Connection via App works again.  But this is not smart 

Again.. no Connection. 
also with iOS 14.1 

Is this workaround the production version IOS14 update for S1?

I have nearly 20 Sonos devices running via a boost connected to a 6 node Linksys Velop mesh network.

Post IOS14 - in addition to having just spend 3 hours manually resetting and reattaching every Device to the Boost network, the local access functionality workaround accessing the mesh network directly has created chaos. The mesh network dynamically manages load profile to the individual nodes and in turn the Sonos speakers now. This has created constant drop outs right across the network as the mesh network reallocates the load.

Can I raise a ticket to have this remediated please?

Badge

Same - I still have this problem. S1 app on an iPad running iOS13.7 finds the system fine. S1 app on an iPhone 8+ that’s just been updated to iOS14 can’t find anything. I’ve checked the local network toggle that was already On and toggled it back and forth, no difference. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app. I’ve restarted the phone. 

I’m having this same issue. - right after I updated to iOS14.  Can’t connect to Sonos.  Tried almost all of the suggestions.  Is there going to be a fix for this?

That’s not an issue with your app, it is an issue with your network. Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, and give it a minute, only then plug back in your Sonos devices. 

Badge +1

Ok, it works one day.

App reinstall, reboot iPhone … Connection via App works again.  But this is not smart 

Badge +1

Ok, it works one day.

upgraded my iPhone 11to ISO 14 and no issues, upgraded the wife iPhone 6 to IOS 14.0, and the Sonos S1 app could not connect. Deleted the app and reinstalled it and all ok 

Probably best that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available for them to assist you. 

I’ve tried all suggested work arounds. Still can’t find network. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @disor, thanks for keeping us posted here. I’m glad that it’s working fine now. Just let us know if you still need anything. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge +1

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out. Try to remove and re-add the Sonos app on your phone if it’s not working properly. Make sure to turn on the permission and also a reboot of your phone may help. Let us know how it goes. We and the community are always here to help.

Restart of the iPhone helps !
thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out. Try to remove and re-add the Sonos app on your phone if it’s not working properly. Make sure to turn on the permission and also a reboot of your phone may help. Let us know how it goes. We and the community are always here to help.

Turned on Local Network permission for Sonos S1 app, but still cannot group any rooms using either of our iPhones.  However grouping works on the Sonos desktop app for Mac.  Any resolution on this?

Hi,

on my side it was working perfectly before updating to iOS14.

i went to the options and updated the local network setting.

however the app is stuck on the opening screen and nothing can be done.

Badge +1

Same issue with my sonos one S2

and ios 14.

no Connection via Solos-App or via AirPlay.

network Access in Setting are allowed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! 

If you all still experience a system not found after enabling Local Network Privacy for Sonos S1, then we need to continue to troubleshoot System Not Found as normal.

The ‘system can’t be found’ is a completely different issue. Try two things. First, unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router recovers, plug back in your Sonos. 

Second, try wiring one of your speakers to the router directly with an Ethernet cable. 

If neither works, open a new thread. 

Check that out. We and the community are always here to help.

Up dated to IOS14 yesterday, SI app refused to work. 
After an hour of doing the turn it on and off again dance, with no joy… in installed the app and reinstalled it.

The app then asked permission to connect to Wif and Bluetooth- system is now up and running.

Same here and also did the settings like mentioned. Unfortunately still not working

Just to clarify- the S1 app never asked for permission to access the local network until I reinstalled it.