Answered

Google Home

• 17 September 2017
  • 65 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

65 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Sonos are not saying.
So assume the worst and you won't be disappointed ;O).........which for me would be asking a google home to play GPM on a sonos zone.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Does Google integration means also Chromecast or only Google Assistant?
It's been too long for sure, should have finished the Google home integration before AirPlay2
wires...really are we in the 70's
Will the integration require users to buy a new sonos device? Or will our current speakers work seamlessly with google home? My speakers are newer so they don't have a line-in option (not sure why the newer option eliminated a feature?!?!) ... help, would like to buy a soundbar but i'm not doing it until i understand how it will work with google moving forward?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Google Home and Google Assistant with Sonos

Hi Vaddyfr,

We're working on bringing Google Home to Sonos in 2018. In the meantime you can integrate Google Home into Sonos by using the line-in ports on a PLAY:5, CONNECT, or CONNECT:AMP. Read more here.

very exciting!
Keep us updated with the progress 😃
Badge
@Jeff, many thanks. I will be using that workaround with my current setup, and will wait to see what the sonos-google integration brings later in the year.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Now that is great news. Will Sonos be publishing its roadmap for this with regards to planned features, control sets, etc? I would hope for something great to replace the old C300 controller (which I still have and use - so much better than the phone interfaces in my opinion!) using the voice domain.

We don't have a roadmap to share right now, but this page has a few more details on Google Home and Sonos.
Badge
Now that is great news. Will Sonos be publishing its roadmap for this with regards to planned features, control sets, etc? I would hope for something great to replace the old C300 controller (which I still have and use - so much better than the phone interfaces in my opinion!) using the voice domain.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Vaddyfr,

We're working on bringing Google Home to Sonos in 2018. In the meantime you can integrate Google Home into Sonos by using the line-in ports on a PLAY:5, CONNECT, or CONNECT:AMP. Read more here.
Who the hack is Colonel Mustard?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluedo

Kids these days...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluedo
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Userlevel 1

Seriously! It would boost their sales significantly to allow casting and airplay.
Userlevel 1
Colonel Mustard in the Library with a lead pipe.