Question

Dark theme option for SONOS controller

• 1 September 2017
  • 43 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
For iPhone and ipad users you can try the following
Go to settings -> general -> accessibility and scroll down to 'accessibility shortcut' and choose 'invert colours' when triple clicking the home button.

When using the sonos app, triple click the home button to switch to white on black. Unfortunately it applies to everything else on your phone so you'll need to toggle back to use everything else!
+1 I definitely preferred the darker theme
Userlevel 2
Badge
+1 for a dark theme
+2 for a setting for different themes
-1 for my battery life
-1 for my sleep in the bedroom using the new gui...

customers are different and need choice...
Give us a dark theme or night mode!
All display settings tried, there's just no way to make using the controller easy on the eyes in the evening or at night now.
Badge
Yes! - Came here after searching for a solution. The white theme is awful! - Bring back the old color scheme!
I agree back to black..... It can not wait
. The new navigation improvements will become second nature eventually, but the white will always hurt my eyes.

Eventually yep but why such a dumb change? Whole family hates it.
I use Sonos to listen to music before I go to sleep. The white theme ruins the experience!

Please, at the very least, give us a dark theme option in the settings menu.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
If its a Windows 10 tablet, try our Sonos app, which includes a dark mode.
Please sort this out asap for android as well!
Also any chance of including lyrics / a link on the song page?
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
And another - dark theme please. It is essential, and of course much better for AMOLED screens, as it preserves battery.
Yes, plese bring back the dark background for Android controllers. Only the white one is horrible. Thanks much!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Couple thoughts - how about dimming your tablet screen brightness? Also, are you using an iPad? Try the Night Shift display setting. Nice warm tones instead of harsh daylight brightness.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I made the mistske of telling Google Store to update the Sonos app. Once the app updated it self and all my speakers were upgraded, I found the new UI to be terrible and not have dark backgrounds, among many other issues. I uninstalled the 8.0 app and found an apk mirror for Sonos 7.4, I reverted back to 7.4 for android to get the original, useful UI back that also has the wonderful dark backgrounds and a host of other things. No issues so far... :)
Userlevel 1
Badge
Achristocat - Thanks for info. I've now rolled back my 3 controllers to 7.4 too. No problems. ?
Remember when everyone whined that the dark theme was horrible? 😃
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Any progress with dimming the flashlight app?
See this thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/fix-for-bright-white-of-ios-app-6797987