Control Sonos Volume from OS X Menu Bar

• 13 January 2014
  • 82 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

82 replies

Wow I see this post is from 2 years ago... crazy it is still not implemented as a standard function.
+1. My use cases are:
1. Needing to mute music quickly when a call comes in
2. Playing a long playlist and be nice to know what the current song is but don't want stop what I'm doing and find the Sonos app, be great to just check the menu bar or click once on the menu bar to see the current song.

Obviously with multi-rooms and differnet groups this is slightly more complicated that a menu bar control for spotify or iTunes but I think it would be ok to have the menu bar app focus on one selected room/group. Then make it easy to switch between groups/rooms.
Oops - I misread that last reply and thought it was from who I was responding to - ignore 🙂 I agree with the general thread here - wish there was a way to do this out of the box.
That's what I'm saying. Hit pause on your keyboard. The Sonos controller will pause the music.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yes, I want to be able to control the volume from the mac keyboard please! A hot key perhaps. A modifier key and the volume keys perhaps? Please!
bottom line is i'm looking for a way to QUICKLY mute the audio when a call comes in; 
The Play / Pause / Skip buttons map to the Sonos controller. You can always hit Pause.
Badge
+1

Yes please!
Yes +1 and also from the iPad / iPhone hardware buttons, when the app is running in the background.
+1 SO MUCH
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
2 years later, adding to the chorus:

YES, PLEASE
Userlevel 2
+1 Yes Yes Yes!!!
Yes, please! I swear that, at some point, I was able to control the volume via volume controls on my keyboard. It was force of habit and I remember thinking it wasn't possible. I haven't been able to do it again. This would be an extremely helpful feature.
Menu Bar is good - but keyboard control with at least a quick mute/pause keystroke action would be my favourite too!
Thanks for providing such a good system to us and that you are still chasing on new features.
+1 even just ability to control volume would be a game changer
Yep. Definitely needed, along with universal keyboard control support.
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1
+1 I'm a new user to Sonos. Love the speakers but I must be honest I am really disappointed with lack of basic functionality like this. 
Yes, Sonos should be controllable from the Menu Bar with all the controls available as drop down. This posting started 1 year ago. Any progress?
+1
Yep, I'd also love this. 
+1 - It would be amazing to control the app from the menu bar, or the dedicated Apple controls. PLEASE, Please, please make this happen!!!! 🙂
+1
I agree with previous posts that being able to control the Sonos app with the keyboard controls would be a very awesome addition.
+1 would be very helpful
bottom line is i'm looking for a way to QUICKLY mute the audio when a call comes in; 
alternatively, why can't the controller use the volume keys on apple's wireless keyboard?  perhaps that's an apple issue, and therefore more difficult than an icon in the menu bar
+1!!! Would love it! Was just thinking about it today..