chromebook and sonos

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

I just purchased an ASUS Chromebook c302... after too many hours of trying to get the Sonos app to recognize my Sonos set-up.... a play 5 and a boost, I gave up. Along with the new C302, I got a new cable modem and router so I was thinking it was a new network issue instead of Sonos app. Except my phone and desktop still could connect to Sonos. Reading this thread was the nail in the coffin of hope. But maybe someday.

I crawled into bed with my new Chromebook and was going to cast music to my TV with my Chromebook dongle via Google Play Music app. What's this? My play 5 (actually my workbench speaker group) was recognized and it allowed me to cast to it.

As I type this I am casting music with my Chromebook to my play 5.

Chrome OS Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

FYI: Maybe Play Music app will work for some of you.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Just noticed this myself.

Been using the Sonos Android app on Chrome OS for some time now, and in the main it worked well with just a few minor issues. But 'Game Over' since the latest Sonos update. Per ratty, Sonos app can no longer connect at all, akin to how it was in the very early days of running Android apps on Chromebooks...

Tragic!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I do wish Sonos would look at a web based solution so every platform that can run a web browser would be supported.
thanks for your reply
once again i will likely just have to wait till sonos decide to fix the problem the same as they are doing with you tube ???????

i am being to regret buying sonos and this chromebook
It does appear that the Android controller has stopped working on ChromeOS. V8.6 used to work on my ASUS C302 Chromebook, albeit with occasional glitches, yet the new version consistently refuses to connect.

Android apps with particular local networking requirements don't necessarily work well on Chromebook, and ChromeOS is indeed not officially supported by Sonos. That said, I do understand that Sonos are aware of the current situation.