Answered

Can't login to app even though I know password is correct and have reset multiple times

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

46 replies

I suggest that you contact support.

I suggest  you read my message. There are never agents online to chat and the bot does not give any solution.

Maybe try transferring your system over to the Sonos account/credentials that you know are correct - see this support link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/transfer-your-sonos-system-to-a-new-account

Badge

When I tried first time, then there is no problem occurs but after 2nd or 3rd attempt, it causes errors again and again and I also informed support and still, my issue is pending to be resolved.

Haters gonna hate.

By the way, welcome back!  It’s been a while. 

What did Sonos support say, after you called them?

Hey everyone, I just figured this issue out. When you log into your app account, it's gonna have some weird email like s******@gmail.com or whatever. If you see this, you need to transfer your system to your email. There is an option to do it under the settings. After you do that, it should allow you to use your email account t to login regardless of using the correct password and getting the "incorrect password" issue. 

This absolutely works. Thank you for figuring it out. That was a ridiculous situation we were in. I updated my password a dozen times before I came across your post. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Gbrewer3.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried all troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

So when you reinstalled the app, and selected ‘connect to existing system’, does it do so?  If not, what error message do you get?  Only certain Settings are ‘behind’ a login so what happens if you tap Settings?

What version of Android are you running?

I have always had this issue with Sonos. Never able to login to the app over a 5 year period but can online. Sonos is garbage. 

@BeeO 

I have the same problem, I cannot log in, and it's not possible to send a reset password to my mail. 

How am I supposed to get to the settings to transfer the system to my email when I cant do anything in the app?

/Emma

@BeeO

I have the same problem, I cannot log in, and it's not possible to send a reset password to my mail. 

How am I supposed to get to the settings to transfer the system to my email when I cant do anything in the app?

/Emma

If your system and the app are all connected to the same Wi-Fi you don’t need to be logged in to transfer it. Open the  app, go to system - scroll to the bottom to Transfer System Ownership and begin the process. Since you’re logged into write your question it should be the same log information that you transfer it to. Good luck!

The number is 1789703710

I wonder if because I used a different email when I set it up if I don’t have to reset each speaker with in the system because they some how are linked to my old email and it’s some type of theft deterrent I don’t know just thinking out loud 

Any solution to this yet? Same problem here. (Logging in desktop app works though, only the mobile controler do not work)

Yes it’s fixed, I’ve just tried it a few moments ago and it logged in first time - no issues.

I’ve tried both iOS and Android devices and each are working okay.

If it’s still not working for you, then I suggest perhaps contacting Sonos Support via this LINK.

Need help ! My husband has a Android phone with the Sonos app and I have a Apple phone with so sos app installed . We both had different Emails that controlled the app ,but as of tonight his app kept asking him to sign in under my email ! He couldn’t sign in under his own name !  Any advise ?

Update, after getting the system ownership transferred to your email, I closed the app, and opened it back up. I was able to connect up to the point where it asks me for my wifi, it detected every wifi in my neighborhood except for mine..............................................................…

Patience is a virtue

Okay, final update. Got it working!!!! After I did the above things I mentioned, and it still doesn't work for you, go ahead and do a factory reset and the rest should be good to go. If it does not work, I guess you can throw the product out the window because this has taken me about 3 hours to figure out. 

I am sure you must have checked this, but under Settings, Account, the email address is identical to that you use on the web?

There isn’t one as i can’t login to the app. But when I try to login I use the same email as the web version i’m currently logged in to…

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

No, it was the same Account. 

Just the login Procedure is different, email and password in steps.

Think they are working on new Version anyway. 

So when you reinstalled the app, and selected ‘connect to existing system’, does it do so?  If not, what error message do you get?  Only certain Settings are ‘behind’ a login so what happens if you tap Settings?

What version of Android are you running?

Generally short for “Customer Service”, aka Sonos support, I’d think. But I’ve never heard of support saying anything would be “fixed in 30 minutes”, either. 

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for your help anyway

Latest Android. Just updated today in fact