Can I use Sonos from my Chromebook?

• 22 November 2012
  • 36 replies

Can I use Sonos from my Chromebook?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Badge
+1 For Chromebook Controller
Yes please! I'd like to see this happen and no reason it can't . Please create a Sonos web app and stick in chrome app store ASAP. Or browser extension... think of the benefits, one application to support instead of one each per supported platform.
Still no app for chromebook?
Userlevel 2
+1 for Chromebook/web app.
You can cast your music from google play music to any sonos unit nowdays. A controller app is allmost not needed at all.
Only the mobile app From Google play Music controlls the sonos. The webinterface won't Do that at all. Besides Google , there are some more audiosources that would like to be controlled.
Badge +1
You can cast your music from google play music to any sonos unit nowdays. A controller app is allmost not needed at all.
May not be?  You guys are starting to fall behind in a hurry.  Web based is the future and it's coming hard and fast.  Get on the train or someone will take your seat.  Remember that!
Badge
+1.  Let's face it, the sonos controller in general is horrible.   makes me with I didn't buy Sonos.
I use logmein on chromebook to control my MAC mini running sonos controller, works ok... A dedicated chrome sonos controller would be awesome though
+1 for Chromebook/web controller
Sign me up for this request. Since Sonos works well on my google phone the tweak for a chromebook extension or app cannot be that far away. Just added a Play 1 to the house to my Sonos set up.
It's been 2 months since the last post on this .. hoping we get Sonos on the Chromebook soon .....
Definitely need this service to be developed. Doesn't seem that it would be so tough - come on, Sonos - make it happen! Chromebooks are also here to stay!! It's really annoying to have to go look for a device with a controller app when I'm using my Chromebook, which is all web based. This is just nonsensical!
Userlevel 3
Badge
If SONOS provide a Web Service (described here), then after SONOS need only to develop a shortcut to the URL Web Service for each platform to be compliant, and to provide the same experience on all devices.
Web based tools are the future - Sonos needs to get up to speed!
Userlevel 2
The Android app only works when connected to the same network as the Sonos system (WiFi), and not on a mobile network. I'm not sure why, but whatever the reason, it might make it complicated to make a web-based app, since that will require a connection over the web, and not in a LAN. Just a thought.
+1 for chromebook and web based client spotify now has a web client - which is really good. come one guys....html5 is there to stay!
wish my chromebook could sonos too
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
For Sonos, this topic should be merged with another Chromebook request that has more votes: https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/a_vote_for_a_chromebook_player
+1 for web interface. Should probably be hosted on the machine also serving the music.
+1 for chromebook support / web based controller!
+1 for chromebook support / web based controller!