Can I use Sonos from my Chromebook?

• 22 November 2012
  • 36 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

+1 for chromebook support / web based controller!
Badge
+1 - time for web-based controller!
+1 for Chromebook and Chromebox
+1 for Chromebook
+1 for Chromebook/web controller
I can't imagine why Sonos wouldn't support a web based controller. There surely isn't a technical reason why this isn't possible. Could someone from Sonos comment?
+1 for Chromebook (or simply web-based) support.
My chromebook is the computer that travels around my house with me most often. I would really like to be able to control my Sonos system from it.
I support this feature as a optional password protected web page (no pairing necessary like traditional controllers). Then guests can be given the URL with the password (if one is set). I personally would not set a password as I do the authentication at WLAN-level (if you can access my WLAN, it's OK for me that you can access the web controller).
Userlevel 3
Badge
That could be a great solution for Linux user too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Unfortunately there is no web-based controller available for the Sonos system. However, given the big push for web-based devices (like the Chromebook) and other browser-based operating systems (like ChromeOS and FirefoxOS), it may not be a bad idea for future development. Maybe a Sonos employee can turn this into an idea so that others can add their support for it.