Answered

YouTube Music skipping tracks due to song not being encoded properly

• 1 February 2020
  • 82 replies

Show first post

82 replies

Badge

was yesterday. But I can’t do one right now. Will do later

+1, been over a month now. Every song stops around 1/3... I even use Spotify free now in the meantime..

OMG this is so frustrating. I’ve been dealing with this for a year now. Both my Sonos devices are wired directly to router and nothing skips, pauses, stops after xxx seconds. Only Youtube. I know it’s difficult trying to pressure Google, but please try!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @rbrown, are you able to try using AirPlay to send the audio to your Sonos speaker instead of using the Sonos app? If so, can you test that out for a bit and let us know if you get this encoding error still or something different?

There’s an issue affecting some people that the team is working on with YouTube Music that affects certain countries. The diagnostic looks ok on the network side, and the Beam is wired, so that shouldn’t be too much of a concern.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @rbrown, are you able to try using AirPlay to send the audio to your Sonos speaker instead of using the Sonos app? If so, can you test that out for a bit and let us know if you get this encoding error still or something different?

There’s an issue affecting some people that the team is working on with YouTube Music that affects certain countries. The diagnostic looks ok on the network side, and the Beam is wired, so that shouldn’t be too much of a concern.

Hi Ryan,

I don’t have an Apple device unfortunately, however I think I can borrow one to do some testing.  Its fairly repeatable so I shouldn’t need much testing.  Just FYI, I am in Spain, in case that is one of the affected countries?

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Spain isn’t on the short list yet, but that just means we haven’t had someone in Spain with the issue contact the team so far. So you may be the first to add it to the list. I’ll pass that along so they can look into it.

I keep experiencing this issue as well, more or less often but quite constantly. As far as I can tell it only happens with YouTube Music and can be reproduced pretty easily as the error seems to occur within the same songs at pretty much the same timestamp when restarting said tracks or readding them to the queue.

Just happened again, so I submitted a diagnostic report. Reference code is 1395870253