Answered

Unable to play "Song Title" - the connection to Spotify was lost

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

57 replies

I am having the same issue. Have tried so many fixes on different threads and nothing works. The problem was really exasperated once I upgraded to the S2 app. I have four Play:1 speakers and no way of actually playing more than a few seconds of a song before it skips to the next a few times and eventually gives up. 

Reporting back.  So far it works as it should since the Netgear firmware update.

How bout now?  Anyone else tried the Orbi update and had luck?  Last time I updated Orbi...I lost connectivity to many 2.4G devices and had to roll back.  

Same here.

I’ve followed the default steps and still… “Unable to play "Song Title" - the connection to Spotify was lost.”

It began today and I haven’t noticed any updates from Spotify or Sonos today, 07/may/2020.

:(

I would really appreciate an update to this thread.

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@herbert_mas Thanks for chiming in. There’s currently a Spotify outage at this moment. Please keep an eye out feel free to check in on the progress at https://status.sonos.com/

Let me know if your problems persists once this outage has been resolved. 

Badge

Well. I just upgraded my firmware for my ORBI mesh to 2.5.1.16 and the problem “Cannot connect to Spotify connection was lost” has seemed to have disappeared.

Give it a few days and report back please. I’m using Linksys Velop, on latest firmware and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Couldn’t get anything from it last night no matter how much I tried, playing from Tune-in works seemlessly each and every time.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well. I just upgraded my firmware for my ORBI mesh to 2.5.1.16 and the problem “Cannot connect to Spotify connection was lost” has seemed to have disappeared.

Give it a few days and report back please. I’m using Linksys Velop, on latest firmware and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Couldn’t get anything from it last night no matter how much I tried, playing from Tune-in works seemlessly each and every time.

Will do.  A lot of the people on this thread had ORBI mesh systems.  I’m anxious to hear if by upgrading firmware resolves their issues as well.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Reporting back.  So far it works as it should since the Netgear firmware update.

How bout now?  Anyone else tried the Orbi update and had luck?  Last time I updated Orbi...I lost connectivity to many 2.4G devices and had to roll back.  

Still working like a charm.