Answered

Spotify problems

• 16 March 2021
  • 37 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood, thanks for that - would it be possible to test playing to a single, wired Sonos device? This should help to confirm if the issue is with the wireless connection or not.

You can also reach out to the Support Team via live chat or phone call to take a closer look at the system and perform some live troubleshooting as well :)

@Coooops I can understand the frustration - have you tried a network reboot, starting with the router and any mesh nodes or extenders, followed by each Sonos device? It may also help to connect a speaker directly via Ethernet as a test - if you’re able to play to the single speaker with a direct connection without issue, then that would indicate that there’s an issue with the wireless communication. Let us know how you get on :)

I’ve tried the re-boot without success.  Haven’t yet connected via ethernet.  The system and my phone/desktop are connected to the same network; I have no network speed issues. I am using a mix of old and new tech with a Connect Amp, a Play:5 series 1 and 2 One SL speakers.

It seems to be confined to Spotify. Tunein radio service is working fine

@Coooops I can understand the frustration - have you tried a network reboot, starting with the router and any mesh nodes or extenders, followed by each Sonos device? It may also help to connect a speaker directly via Ethernet as a test - if you’re able to play to the single speaker with a direct connection without issue, then that would indicate that there’s an issue with the wireless communication. Let us know how you get on :)

I’ve tried the re-boot without success.  Haven’t yet connected via ethernet.  The system and my phone/desktop are connected to the same network; I have no network speed issues. I am using a mix of old and new tech with a Connect Amp, a Play:5 series 1 and 2 One SL speakers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Charlieboy77, having a Sonos device right beside the router may actually be causing the issues here - I’d recommend creating some distance between the speaker and the router, at least a metre if possible, and then rebooting the router & Sonos devices once more.

When the system is back online, is playback from Spotify more consistent? If not, it may be worth getting in touch with our Support Team to take a closer look at the system.

Getting really frustrated now. All of my music collection is curated through Spotify but I keep getting error message ‘connection to spotify is lost’.  Worked fine up until a week ago; nothing on my network has changed.  I’ve deleted and re-added the app. I've tried connecting to sonos from spotify app. Nothing seems to work.

I have also had this problem for a long time, and see that a lot of others have too over the last year.

I’ve followed all the normal advice - disconnect/reconnect Spotify account, deleted and reinstalled both apps, restarted router, checked the Sonos devices are connected to the same network as my phone (one Sonos device is right next to the router), tried starting playing only on that device, tried controlling with another device...  But still having no luck.

I have a Beam, a Sonos One and a Play5 (gen1) running on S1 app (iPhone/iPad). Please can you help.

And now SONOS says that Spotify is limiting the number of rooms that I can play in. That is just not true. I am playing in only one room currently. Also, I have a Family premium subscription which means I can have multiple accounts if I want. Please fix this really annoying problems you are having with Spotify. 

I am also having recurring problems with playing Spotify through SONOS, but all other music and radio services working just fine. So no trouble with ethernet. 

Either songs don’t play at all, or they play 5-30 seconds and then “connection to spotify is lost” comes up. This is sooooo frustrating. 

Userlevel 1

Haha, I really have no idea whats wrong with these speakers, but somehow it works like a charm now.. :D

I’ve had these problems for over a year now and suddenly when I got home from work today it just...worked? Must be something with the hard reset of router that did the trick, i guess.

So for now, thank you guys :D

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @JonathanB, welcome to the Sonos Community!

We did experience a brief outage with Spotify yesterday, however that has since cleared up - are you still having issues with Spotify playback?

If you’re typically experiencing issues when speakers are grouped, it could be that the first room in the group is having issues with interference, or poor connection - do you have the same issues if you start the group from a room closer to the Boost?

Userlevel 1

So, now I’ve tried your solutions, but the problem is still there. Keeps losing connection to serveral of my speakers… 

I’ve noticed many having problems with Spotify through Sonos, could Spotify be the problem here?

Userlevel 7

Try rebooting your router and unplugging your Boost for about a minute. Also try removing Spotify from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it.