Answered

Sonos One Google Assistant and Youtube music premium - Playback paused because this account is being used in another location

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Murch, thanks for the update. If it does happen again in the future, feel free to reach out. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Same problem, unable to play any music via sonos youTube music from any device (mac, iphone, android).  Diagnostic report # 138278629.

YouTube not being used at any other location.  Also originally Google Play Music user.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Simon B thanks for getting back to me.

The issue is intermittent, and isn't happening right now, so I can't do much trouble shooting right now.

But I can confirm the following:

1. The issue has never occurred in the native app or on my Google Nest Mini.

2. I can confirm from my YouTube music listening history that there has been no unauthorised/unknown usage of the account, and most certainly not at the time of the issue.

I have recently switched over the subscription from Google Play  music to YouTube music. Previously I sometimes had issues with the Assistant on Sonos where you'd ask for a song by a slightly incorrect title A, it would recognise it enough to come back and say now playing (correct title) B on Google Play music, followed by something along the lines of the song being unavailable on Google Play. I haven't had that issue since switching to the YouTube subscription, but feels similar in nature and frequency - i.e. it happens after the song is identified and requested, and exclusively with the Sonos Google Assistant, not native apps or native assistants.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Murch, thanks for reaching out. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Regarding your concern, I’ll ask some things to assist further on this issue. 

• Is it also happening on the Native Youtube Premium App?
  • Have you tried to remove and readd your Youtube premium account on the Sonos App to check if the issue will persist?
  • Can you try to change your password, just to make sure that no one is trying to access your account on other locations?

On the diagnostic that you provided, I can’t see any issues with the Sonos system. and with the Youtube premium subscription. If this won’t still work, then we’ll check for other options for this issue.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 1

I can confirm I have the same issue and that no other devices are using the YouTube music subscription at the same time.

As requested I have submitted diagnostics - confirmation number 47976698.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @mittaltanind,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your issue.

Can you confirm that this YouTube Music account is not streaming on a different phone, speaker or other location, as the error message is suggesting?

If this is persisting, please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app and include the confirmation number in your reply. 

The data in this report will help us understand what is happening with your music service playback.