Sonos One disconnected overnight "WiFi password incorrect" fix.

• 20 October 2019
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Hi

Recently bought Sonos One and spent 2 hours trying to configure on wifi. Cable worked fine  

It complained about the password, even if I changed to the most simple one.

Pawelb helped me in the direction.

I knew I had a special config regarding the 802.1n/b and so on in my router.

When I turned the net type to Automatic the password was fine. And the speaker was installed.

Didn’t find anything regarding this from Sonos themselves. BAD!!

Thanks a lot

/Mats

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Changes to the radio section of the router settings, it should offer a list of possible modes and let you pick one Sonos will work with.

having this issue too. Pawel, I’d love to try what you put, but I’m not sure I entirely understand it.  you’re suggesting changes on the router, right?

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem, in my case the solution was to change the type of 2.4Ghz network. 

On Router I had permanently set 802.11n and SONOS did not pass my correct password. After the change to "mixed" (a/b/g/g/n) the application immediately accepted the network password.

Check if it doesn't work for you as well.

Best

Pawel

Hi there Philip,

Thanks a lot for your guide. I’m having the same problem and looking for a fix. I tried resetting my wifi password as you suggested and doing the factory reset but for me it doesn’t seem to work. It still says my wifi password is incorrect, even though it is. 

Did you reset the password of your wifi before or after the factory reset?

Cheers