S1 App frustrations

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

hi @Osullivan, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

I understand the frustration you’re having and I’m willing to assist you on troubleshooting.

I would like to take a look at the diagnostic you sent, can you please post the confirmation number.

I would like to know the model of your router as well; to make sure we don’t have any known issue with it.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @kdrvh, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

We do take the feedback seriously and our Sonos Engineers are looking into the firmware.

I would be happy to assist you as much as I can if you allow me to.

If you could get a diagnostic, post the confirmation and we’re going to take a look at it.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @sven1910, welcome to the Sonos Community, and thank you for letting us know about your concern. I really appreciate the time and effort you've spent doing all the troubleshooting steps that you have done. Let me help you and figure out what's happening.

First I'd like to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Are you getting an error message when you connect to your Sonos system?
2. Any changes in the network recently?
3. Have you tried to remove your Sonos Bridge from the router and temporarily wired one of your speakers?

Please submit a diagnostic report and post here the confirmation number for us to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution. Also, if you can provide us your full network setup including the make and model for each device, that would be great.

We'll wait for your reply.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

​Hi @Amir-Khan, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It would be great if you can provide us more details about your concern and the issue you're having with your Sonos devices. Also, if you can submit a diagnostic report for us to check for any errors. Just provide the confirmation number in your response. We'll wait for your response.

Actually, I’d bet is is a network issue. 

The first step I’d try is a network refresh. Unplug all Sonos devices from power. While they’re unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug in your Sonos devices.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, I would read the wifi interference FAQ, paying particular, although not exclusive, attention to potential sources outside of your network itself.

Finally, if neither of the above work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

What did Sonos say when you called them?