Music Added to running queue ignored

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Hi All,

I have today discovered that I have exactly this issue when using my iPhone8 with the Sonos S2 app. I have a BT Smart Hub and I recently had problems connecting, believed to have been caused by BT upgrades. I telephoned the Sonos helpline and they managed to get me re-connected. The issue described in this post started several weeks after the connection issues. My Sonos app is ver. 13.2.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, John.

@John SSS,

If you haven’t don’t so already, I would perhaps first try the various troubleshooting suggestions mentioned already in this thread and if the problem persists after that, then maybe contact Sonos Support Staff via this LINK.

Hope that you get the matter resolved - and please let us know if you do get the issue fixed.

Can confirm the issue. This is on 13.2 and iOS. Playing music on Spotify, queueing up a new track -it shows up in the playlist, but is skipped. Never had that problem on S1.

Hi all. Just chiming in here - have also had this frustrating issue for months. I’ve had to resort to using the Spotify app directly, as songs are frequently skipped when adding to the queue via the Sonos app. I also get the “not encoded correctly” error in the screenshot above.

I agree with others in the thread that this has to be an issue at the Sonos/Spotify integration level - I am only affected when adding individual songs to the queue and don’t suffer from network interference when playing an album or playlist.

In case helpful or of interest to anyone here - I’ve spoken with Sonos support and shared diagnostics etc - they’ve suggested a host of network settings to check/amend which I’ve pasted below. Personally I don’t think this is relevant as the issue is triggered by specific actions in the app, and would surely manifest at other times if it related to general network interference. I suspect it will only ever get fixed in a software update and because playing queued songs reliably is important to me - I’ve had to bin the Sonos app for now.

———————————

1) 2.4 Ghz enabled
2) Split 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz (separate SSID for each band) - and the 5GHZ needs its own SSID with 5Ghz at the end of the name
3) Make sure the 2.4 Ghz Mode is set to 802.11 BGN
4) Client isolation should be off to ensure wifi devices can communicate with each other
5) Select a manual wifi channel, do not set to auto
6) Security type should be WPA2 with AES Encryption
7) Enable UPNP
8) Change DNS to - Primary 8.8.8.8 - Secondary 8.8.4.4
9) Enable multicast
10) Disable smart setup or any other setup assistant
11) Enable IGMP snooping
12) Firewall preventing setup and connectivity - set to medium
13) MAC filtering off

After changing the router settings  , please check the following article to decrease the interference on the sonos System :

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en