Music Added to running queue ignored

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

This is Sonos’s list from their requirements page …

Unsupported network setups and devices

• Wireless internet connections such as satellite, mobile hotspots, or LTE routers
  • Guest networks or networks that use a portal login page
  • Networks using wireless range extenders 
  • Ethernet over Power (EOP) devices
  • WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

I know that’s not actually of help to you, but I would just see what happens when the AP is taken offline, if only to eliminate it being a communication issue between a speaker and the controller, if both are maybe attached to different AP’s.

Badge

First of all, thanks both for the reply.

John, I am selecting play next from the menu option when using the 3 dot menu drop down against the song I want to play. When I select play now or add to end of queue that works fine ( if I wait until the end of the queue the song will play)

Ken, I don’t know if this is splitting hairs re what Sonos will or will not support but while its a WAP with an EOP feed it is actually a Cisco AP that uses an EOP plug to receive its data not a WIFI extender or AP that has EOP built in. Again as the issue doesn’t happen using Spotify App over same AP and feed it suggests to me its something that the Sonos App is not managing to handle re sequencing.

As I said earlier this has only started happening in the last month or so prior to this there was no issue, only thing that has changed in that time is I have added a Move to my Sonos environment, don’t see how that should effect queue when playing music in the living room that does not involve the Move, but it may be a factor i am unaware of. I have tried to replicate the issue with the move powered down but issue persists.

Thanks again.

I’ve not had/seen the issue, but I am aware that Sonos do not support EOP access points, so whilst j appreciate that you have no issues with WiFi connectivity, I was wondering that if you switch off that AP if the problem goes away, even if that means moving some devices either closer to the main router, or running them over a SonosNet mesh connection with one device wired to the router?

Hi. When you add the new song, exactly which option - word for word - are you choosing from the options menu?