Answered

How to stop crackle/ static on sound bar

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

73 replies

Badge
I also see no sign of cracking on PCM, its definitely a 5.1 issue, I received an update last night to 8.5 build. I would assume this release has no fix Sonos folks?
Hello Keith, I believe I have provided you with all the information you requested. Will you be responding to me at some point?Thanks.
Badge
Would Sonos have any update on this incompatibility of the between the Playbar and 65" OLED65C7P?
I’m having the same issue, LG OLED 55 C7, pulsating crackling usually on commercials. (Shaw Cable). Haven’t noticed it while streaming music
Badge
I am having the same issue on my new vizio tv. Comcast X1 box with HDMI connected to tv. Tv connected to play bar through optical. Output on box set to 5.1. Input and output on TV set to 5.1. Will submit a diagnostic report as advised.
Also having this issue - LG 49SK8500PLA and Sonos Playbar.
Hi,

I have also been having this issue for the last year or so (since purchase of the Playbar). The audio is fine when playing music, but while attached to our 2016 Vizio P65-C1 65". I purchased a new optical cables and tried cleaning them, but that didn't fix things. The Playbar is hooked up via Ethernet.

The crackling sessions happen about once every few days. When a crackling session starts, pausing the DVR, then playing will fix the issue temporarily. It will then happen a few minutes later, repeatedly. It is very obnoxious and disappointing.

Digital out was on the TV was set to "Auto", but based on other's comments above I just set the audio out to PCM.

Please let me know if there is a fix. I'd like to buy 2 Sonos One's for surround sound, but I'm reluctant if this keeps up.

Thanks in advance.
May I recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Diagnostic confirmation number has been sent: 55635002

I haven't had the issue in the last 10 minutes, but I submitted a diagnostic report because I would like to get someone to look at this based on this common issue.
I have also submitted my diagnostics: 651348419.

For me the issue seems to be only - or at least mainly when using my Apple TV.
Switching to PCM works around it, but also with a significant drop of quality.
I am having the same issue with the obnoxious noise coming from my Playbar. I have an LG TV as well, not sure of the model number. I can provide that later. I will submit a diagnostic report when I get home. I just felt the need to post my problems as well since I see this same issue has been going on for awhile with no solutions or updates from Sonos.
Have you pinged LG to see when the firmware update will be? I wouldn't think Sonos has significantly more weight with LG than you do, and perhaps less, since they're a direct competitor to LG's own sound bar. You may carry more weight as someone who actually purchased the device.

I'm having this issue now as well. Sony X950G playing Dolby Digital. Only fix is to restart the playbar.

It's also less “static” and more like some kind of corruption. High frequencies are “clicky” and low frequencies are either missing entirely or super loud.

Hi I’m also having this experience with my LG C8. I previously had a B6 and everything was fine for over a year then my screen suddenly packed in and I needed it to be replaced so I went for the B8. The B8 started making the cracklong/static noise on the first day of purchase and after a week I decided to send the TV back and swap it for a C8 and now on the first day cracklong/Staic noise again! I’m troubled by how far back this issue seems to have been going without a fix and now wonder if there even is a fix coming? I submitted a Diagnostic report (970120894) for the B8 and after a bit of back and forth was also advised to use PCM but this really isn’t a solution as it renders my two play ones kind of redundant. Look forward to hearing any positive feedback you may have.

I now have the same problem since updating firmware when I downloaded the S2 app.

Never had this issue before...

Another diagnostic report 1726732051. I’m just wondering if this is a place for members of staff/technical support to helpfully pitch in with suggestions/ideas or just a place for people to vent? If it’s the latter that’s a shame as people have spent thousands of pounds on these products and clearly Sonos don’t seem to care about any sort of customer satisfaction!!
Any news on this subject? The problem is definitely linked to the surround setting.
I called Sonos support which clearly stated they cannot help me with this problem and will raise this issue to technical support. Looking at previous posts, it seems Sonos have been doing this for more than 1 year... I'm really disappointed.
Where are we at with this? I had an LG E6 with no issues, now my E8 does it every day.

Diag: 1828548474
Whats the update on this? I just bought an LG OLED and to my shock now I have to deal with expensive cracking Sonos speakers randomly.

I need help with my sound bar.  The static just started after owning the system trouble free for years. I did a diagnostic.  The number is 2132564178.  I have a Sony television.

Same crackling issue here. Sound bar Sony tv and 2play 3. 1828001640.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Same issue, static crackle a few seconds, mostly when signal is changing from/to HDR.
Sonos 5.1 and Phillips POS9002/12 TV
Hey everyone. Same static problem here coming from my Sonos Soundbar. TV LG 65” B7A.
Happen while im playing ps4 HDR games and watching TV (Verizon Fios)

Diagnostics number : 1364668661
I'm having the same issue I have a LG oled B7A any fix yet?
Any news on this issue? I have the same crackling noise problem with my playbar and LG TV (C7). The problem doesn’t seem to be with LG products as others have the same problem with Philips and Sony TVs. Really annoying that Sonos hasn’t fixed this yet after almost a year!