SONOS S2 app need to be updated ASAP

• 5 December 2021
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Will we one day be able to take full advantage of our purchase and have the possibility of increasing the volume to 110% or 120% when the music recording is weaker?

I use 5 devices (2x sonos five and 2x sonos one + sub) and I find that the sound is 2X LESS LOUDER than normal when I listen to Classical music (piano), for example recordings by Frederic Chopin, Beethoven , etc. Don't say the recording is bad I just use 100% TOP quality FLAC with my Tidal PREMIUM hifi loseless subscription, most of this music is often MASTER quality.

This happens not only with classical music but also with other kinds of music. It's really shocking to have an app that is no more reliable than that. The quality of Sonos speakers is EXCEPTIONAL but they are VERY POORLY USED with an application like SONOS S2. I feel my hands tied with this bad application, and the search mode is not good at all, if you forget a letter it cannot find any songs, low-end application, and so on!

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I answer that to those who tell me to buy something else to laugh at me instead of simply answering nothing if there is no solution for the moment. Like, for example, offering me a guitar amp. I am going to slip a word to whom it may concern.

Guitar amp?  
https://www.marshallheadphones.com/gb/en/stanmore-ii-bluetooth.html

It does only go to 10 though. 

I try not to laugh at you, @Thewizard2000, but I am perplexed by what you say. In one post you say you love the Sonos sound and don’t want to sell your speakers. Then you say you want controls so that you can change the sound they produce. That implies that you don’t like the sound. Then having bought 5 speakers you decide they don’t play loud enough, yet still don’t want to return them.

Out of curiosity, what other systems did you try before selecting Sonos? What shortcomings did those other systems have? 

I am going to slip a word to whom it may concern.

This is just getting silly. 

I am going to slip a word to whom it may concern.

This is just getting silly. 

As silly as the other thread about a mid range EQ slider demand. You nailed it with your “pushing water uphill” description earlier here, so why are you trying to do that?:thinking::relaxed:

Guitar amp?  
https://www.marshallheadphones.com/gb/en/stanmore-ii-bluetooth.html

It does only go to 10 though. 

I try not to laugh at you, @Thewizard2000, but I am perplexed by what you say. In one post you say you love the Sonos sound and don’t want to sell your speakers. Then you say you want controls so that you can change the sound they produce. That implies that you don’t like the sound. Then having bought 5 speakers you decide they don’t play loud enough, yet still don’t want to return them.

Out of curiosity, what other systems did you try before selecting Sonos? What shortcomings did those other systems have? 

"Loves the Sonos sound", but spent multiple pages begging for a 10+ band equalizer, and then a 3 band equalizer to adjust the sound to their preference.  Now that beloved Sonos sound (whether equalized or not) is far too low for their musical preferences.  Also, the OP has many threats to sell their Sonos for these limitations, but they are still here complaining..  It's truly baffling.