Question

Setting / changing alarms in new app

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have updated to the new app. Like the new layout, but how do I access, set and remove alarms on my system, now? 

94 replies

looks like this is the big dog behind this mess https://www.linkedin.com/in/tuckerseverson/

he says they worked on this app for two years, what a disgrace

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7188560506171858944/

I have updated to the new app. Like the new layout, but how do I access, set and remove alarms on my system, now? 

I am so upset. I use the alarm feature everyday. 

Bring it back or I'll start throwing stuff out..... 

Userlevel 1

No alarm on Sonos iOS? Speaker is worthless now. Can I have my $500 back so I can get a different setup?

Seriously. I actually have an old Bose speaker, I think it might be worth checking out other options at this rate.

Userlevel 1

I am so upset. I use the alarm feature everyday. 

Bring it back or I'll start throwing stuff out..... 

Ditto

I’ve heard (perhaps incorrectly) that existing alarm settings can be altered via web sign in but have looked and can’t find them anywhere - any advice welcome ??

Userlevel 2

so I have an alarm set on my sonos app on Wednesday morning
you update my app on my phone during Wednesday

I now have no way to turn off or edit the alarm that went off at 7am this morning

Idiots
Bring back the alarm!

Userlevel 3

How stupid am I , on seeing that there was an update to the app and with the anticipation that improvements were coming I downloaded it to my phone and iPad . WHAT A MISTAKE . 90% of the uses I have for the app is to change my alarm settings nearly every else is done via voice control . Without a laptop or desktop computer in the house it looks like I’ve been completely shafted by Sonos . 

SONOS you need to ether get this fixed right away or give us the option to return to the old version , at least that works .

so, the temp fix is to download the Sonos app to your pc (from Sonos web site) and within you’ll have the capabilities to amend the alarm settings - done.

Meantime I’m told the boffins who messed up in the 1st place are working on fixing asap - but not holding my breath :-)

What planet are you people on in the Sonos development office? Didn’t consider that leaving out a much used function such as alarms would be a backward step? Please fix with an immediate update.  I will not update the app until this has been released.

Userlevel 1

Give me my alarms and ability to turn off on my phone! Horrible job developers!

Userlevel 1

Give me monies to compensate for the damn speakers I will be returning to you! Boxes included! I hate this new app and useless with no  alarm or ability to turn off via phone

Userlevel 1

Give me monies to compensate for the damn speakers I will be returning to you! Boxes included! I hate this new app and useless with no  alarm or ability to turn off via phone

I already called sales and return’s department to investigate. Unfortunately, my speakers are too old to get very much so now I just have useless speakers taking up critical space. I think I’ll move them and put my Bose there instead.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Really SONOS? Remove alarm functionality?? Why, I don’t understand?????

Badge

I was so happy to update to the new app and to sad to have to find this post after updating, incredible that this basic essential feature is not there 

Userlevel 1

I’ve already emailed the CEO. No response yet.

Userlevel 1

What planet are you people on in the Sonos development office?

Didn’t consider that leaving out a much used function such as alarms would be a backward step?

Please fix with an immediate update. My alarms are set the previous app and I have physically had to pull each one from the wall! This is ABSURD!! how can i get my previous app back??

SONOS MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just updated my ios app on return from vacation and now I cannot access sleep timers or alarms (I know, you still can from Windows, but why would I want to trek to the desktop to set an alarm before I go to sleep, or set a sleep timer when I’m just ready to do so?).  Are Sonos management looking to put people off buying their products?

Userlevel 1

Just updated my ios app on return from vacation and now I cannot access sleep timers or alarms (I know, you still can from Windows, but why would I want to trek to the desktop to set an alarm before I go to sleep, or set a sleep timer when I’m just ready to do so?).  Are Sonos management looking to put people off buying their products?

Argh, I wish I could’ve warned you!!! Yes, and the Windows thing… RIGHT? I am no longer using the app. I just control the Sonos sound through my Spotify app. Unfortunately, no alarm unless through my phone via Spotify. 

I echo the same frustrations as everyone. We use the alarms everyday. Interesting the still work though we cannot adjust them any longer. 

Please Sonos Fix This!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Now getting UK national coverage on Radio X Chris Moyels show. Everyone’s moaning. Come on Sonos don’t wait til June to fix this 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Userlevel 3
Badge

Above is my email reply from CEO. Not happy I don’t have the app on a pc. And no intention of getting it. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Txs sonos for bring back the alarm. Super