Question

Setting / changing alarms in new app

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have updated to the new app. Like the new layout, but how do I access, set and remove alarms on my system, now? 

94 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

You don't. You have to wait until our overlords decide to include that feature, (amongst a handful of others that were removed,) back in on a future update.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Actually the official statement posted on some of the other threads is to use the Windows or Mac OS desktop app. It is the only remaining app to not have been updated. Also keep your devices from updating to the new app until they roll back in the removed features.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

If you want to prevent the app update from loading on your devices:

Turn off automatic updates

iOS:

https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-auto-update-iphone-5206079 

Android:

https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-automatic-updates-on-android-5192496#toc-how-to-turn-off-automatic-app-updates-on-an-android-phone 

(Scroll a bit further to next section titled "Stop Automatic Updates for Specific Apps")

Userlevel 3

So no way to set up alarm or sleep timer ? I can’t find them. 
for me new UI is not good

Userlevel 4

I love my Sonos and use the sleep timer and alarm options every day. 

I spent 10 minutes browsing the new app last night looking for both these things and thought I was going crazy not being able to see them on the new app. I my husband realised it must be the new app and did not update his app because I needed to set the sleep timer and confirm my alarms were set.

Please bring back these two functions. My whole family uses the Sonos alarm every morning! 

Userlevel 3

What a let down !!!  these are must have functions !!!  Get used every day !!! 

Have to say very disappointed and a little p’d off 

Sort it fast @sonos !!!

Userlevel 3

Please bring back sleep timer, we used this function every evening!! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

What in the actual hell are you thinking at Sonos???? If there is no option to set or change an alarm the product is virtually USELESS to me. I can’t believe this is teal just spent 20 minutes searching through the new app

Userlevel 3
Badge

Like others above I’m not impressed with the fact that you can’t set alarms with the App update. Why send out an update which doesn’t contain the basics. Luckily the wife hasn’t updated to new App. Come on Sonos establish what your users want and need. 

Userlevel 3

need alarms back, your updated app, SUCKS!

Userlevel 3

What a terrible omission! How did all the Beta testing miss this? An absolute essential.

Userlevel 3

Agree: Dear Sonos, please put the alarm function back in iOS app ASAP. Used very often by myself and family. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Will previously set alarms work or are they cancelled? Wanted to change my 6.20 AM alarm tomorrow as it is a holiday… is the only way to be sure the alarm doesn’t go off to unplug the speaker?!! 😳

Userlevel 3
Badge

Go safe…. Unplug… good sleep is better than bad App update!!!

Userlevel 1

Been desperate for an updated app but now got one without the most basic of features and something I used everyday. Clutching defeat from the jaws of victory again, Sonos. Well done you. 

Userlevel 1

Dear Sonos team, please put the alarm function back in iOS app. My family and I use it daily otherwise your speakers are pretty useless for us and they’ll be used as paper weights and we certainly won’t be buying anymore. It’s one of the basic things that makes this sound system better than the rest!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Actually the official statement posted on some of the other threads is to use the Windows or Mac OS desktop app. It is the only remaining app to not have been updated. Also keep your devices from updating to the new app until they roll back in the removed features.

Thank you, I appreciate your input, floresep. 

Userlevel 2

MY MIND IS BLOWN THAT THE ALARM FEATURE WAS OVERLOOKED OR PURPOSEFULLY OMITTED. I WAS HOPING IT WAS JUST A POOR UX DECISION AFTER 10 MINUTES OF TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE LOOKING FOR IT.

SONOS TEAM, PLEASE BRING IT BACK. 

Userlevel 1

Major pissed off. First I could not find the sonos app. Offcourse it got updated. Looks nice. Then i Spent the last 2 hours trying to find my alarms. Can someone tell me how to get to it in the android app. Also when you play music you can not add to queue. Wtf is all that about. Why leave these out. I rely heavily on my somos alarms.

Userlevel 1

Beyond belief!  Like an idiot, I updated this morning when prompted. How the hell do I make it to tomorrow’s 7:30 am meeting?

Userlevel 2

Hey, Sonos.  Please, please listen to everyone here and add this feature into the app ASAP.  It’s absolutely my most-used feature, and apparently I’m not the only customer that this is true for.

Userlevel 3
Badge

So loads of us on here and other streams saying what’s wrong. But no comments / replies from Sonos. Anyone got a route to raise this from a moan to getting it fixed?

Beyond words.  Sonos, please correct this problem!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Maybe it will be addressed here

Userlevel 1

Totally agree with everyone else. I use the alarm feature every day and find it absolutely essential.

Can’t believe that it was omitted from the update.