Answered

New app

Userlevel 3
Badge

Let's see if I can explain to management: I just want to play music on two speakers.

All I need is a Toyota Corolla to go to the cleaners and pick up my laundry, and you are trying to give me an F35 vertical-takeoff fighter jet (armed with tactical nuclear weapons) to do that. So sure, if I learn to fly the darned thing I can use it to go get my laundry, but all I really need is a Toyota Corolla. Besides, you cannot actually give me the fighter jet, because that is an incredibly complex piece of machinery and you just can not get it right.

I suspect that 90% of Sonos users are like me.

So, what would a sensible company do?

They would issue two apps: "Sonos Basic" and "Sonos Advanced". The first app (theย Toyota Corolla) would be a simple, solid, bug-free workhorse for users like me. Theย secondย app (the F35) would have all theย bells and whistle (and bugs) of the world, and would be designed for users with far more complex Sonos systems than the average Joe.

And then users would chose which app is best for them.

That is what a sensible company would do.

icon

Best answer by cjsavino 18 May 2024, 14:46

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 1

The new app was successful in not allowing me access to my Sonos products. ย Just a joy that when you want to listen to your favorite music that a failed app update prevents you from this.

tried the help line yesterday 60-90 minute wait or 45th in line to chat with a representative. ย A clear sign of software failureย 

This new app is KILLING us. ย Non-responsive. ย Volume control either doesnโ€™t work, lags, or has a mind in its own. ย Virtually unusable. ย SONOS, do better. You screwed us before with your Gen 1 speakers. We bought all new, and now this? ย FML.ย 

For anyone this be useful to..

I have 11 sonos products spread accross 2 rooms,ย including an arc, beam, era 300s, 2 x subs, one's/one SL'sย 

Since the new app launch I lost/could not connect to, any of my products, and nothing worked other than the beam and the arc!ย 

I spent 3 hours yesterday evening trying to sort everything out, without success. This afternoon I have spent approximately 4 hrs trying to fix everything,ย  and I am pleased to say, everything now appears to be working fine again.ย 

Here's what I did,

- Uninstallย and reinstall the new app

- unplugged ALL my Sonos products in both rooms

- rebooted the routerย 

- starting with the soundbar and finishing with the sub, in each of the rooms I systematically factory reset (see YouTube if not sure how to do this) each product one by one. Open the app and search for a product (I set up as a new system) literally starting from fresh again) once a product was found, the app would say each product required an update, which I did. I will add at this point that often the update failed and I would need to start the process again, sometimes up to 5 times before a product was updated and accepted to the system! Certain products updated and were added easily with one attempt but mostly it took several attempts, with error codes popping up here and there. With perseverance and switching the product off and on again, occasionally switching the router off and on again I managed to get all products connected, updated and working as they should be.

I hope this helps someone out there with similar issues to thoseย I had!ย 

ย 

ย 

Great advice. ย Will try your steps. ย Pain in the @ss though! ย Thank you!ย 

Badge

The new app sucks!

Hola, la actualizaciรณn en la app mรณvil es de terror! Desaparece el temporizador o yo no lo encuentro. El la pc sigue estando esa funciรณn. Con Las radios lo mismo, desde el pc no tengo problemas las que tengo cargadas y desde la app estรกn borrosa y no puedo seleccionarlas. Me cuesta creer que un equipo de desarrolladores hagan un desastre con la app!

Badge

pacitoย espaรฑol

Badge

65 minute hold times for support! ย I had Sonos before they went public and now itโ€™s a * show! ย The new app sucks and now I have speakers going on and off. Driving me nuts! ย Where is your support Sonos?!? ย Nowhere! ย You released the new app and it is junk! ย Wished I would have never done the update! ย Old app was great! ย At least it functioned properly! ย The 65 minute hold time by your foreign support is all your customers trying to get their systems working properly. Inexcusable!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Let's see if I can explain to management: I just want to play music on two speakers.

All I need is a Toyota Corolla to go to the cleaners and pick up my laundry, and you are trying to give me an F35 vertical-takeoff fighter jet (armed with tactical nuclear weapons) to do that. So sure, if I learn to fly the darned thing I can use it to go get my laundry, but all I really need is a Toyota Corolla. Besides, you cannot actually give me the fighter jet, because that is an incredibly complex piece of machinery and you just can not get it right.

I suspect that 90% of Sonos users are like me.

So, what would a sensible company do?

They would issue two apps: "Sonos Basic" and "Sonos Advanced". The first app (theย Toyota Corolla) would be a simple, solid, bug-free workhorse for users like me. Theย secondย app (the F35) would have all theย bells and whistle (and bugs) of the world, and would be designed for users with far more complex Sonos systems than the average Joe.

And then users would chose which app is best for them.

That is what a sensible company would do.

If I could give this post multiple likes, I would have given it a hundred.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

A sensible company would also be reading all this.ย  They evidently aren't. If they don't fix this farce, never mind an F35 they are going to get zapped by a financial ICBM ๐Ÿš€

Badge

I agree with everybody posting. This new app is a POS! ย Iโ€™ve been on hold 85 minutes. My system is all screwed up! ย On Sonosnet. What happened to WiFi?!? ย Speakers are skipping, shutting down, etc. should have never upgraded!