Answered

Sonos Skills in Alexa India account

• 20 December 2020
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Hi Vishal

Had rechecked after you asked. There is no Sonos skill available in the India Alexa app. And mine is working only after changing the country as US in the Sonos account in the webpage, nothing to do with Sonos skill as such.It redirects to Amazon login account that’s all.

But yes although  google assistant was also functional it does not play any songs.

Hi @ANANDL ,

I was able to follow the steps you mentioned when i first bought my Arc 3weeks ago and had Alexa fully functional. I had to do a factory reset on the Arc last weekend and since then, i’m unable to have Alexa play anything.

Does your Alexa app show Sonos skill added?

Referred lot of posts online that ask to disable / re-enable skill, de-register devices, delete apps, reinstall, register, etc. However, that has not worked.

Regards,

Vishal

Hi

I had purchased my new SONOS ONE, a week back. Apparently available since last one to two months in India, officially through online sales channels  unlike escalated earlier price[ for direct overseas shipment and custom duty].

Went through all the available threads and called the customer care and mailed them too. As advised by customer care executive, no official integration yet. But, to try the community page for possible solution.

Successful Alexa integration - As advised change the country as United states in the sonos webpage, not in app. After a few minutes through the app it allows integration with alexa app. Only difference, you have to get used to the non Indian english accents of Alexa. Since, the existing Indian -english accent option on regular ECHO devices are not available. A small bit though. The integration was smooth and all functionality are there as my existing regular Echo devices. 

Partly successful Google assistant integration -  The linking with Google assistant was smooth and was functional . But, however even after repeated reconnections, fails to play songs although youtube music and gaana are linked. It was playing songs from the app from my iphone, but not from the Sonos one device. It does answer all your queries however. 

Am happy as the Alexa integration was possible and it controls my bedroom light by voice command and great music listening experience ofcourse.

Many previous listeners had mentioned their inability to connect to Alexa. Hence,this detailed note. As there would be more increasing Sonos ONE fans, now that it is available in India at more competitive price and easily than before. 

Cheers .

Hi Paul A,

ive been following all the threads since last 3 years and you guys answer pretty much the same every single thread. But there’s been absolutely no progress and it seems no desire to integrate Sonos skill for Alexa in India. I have a lot friends who own Sonos products are are quite disappointed and many others who just won’t buy your products. You need to take the india market seriously as I see you’ve been promoting your products actively in india. These same standard replies just aren’t cutting it anymore. Here’s hoping for a more productive and a pro active reply !! 

Thank you for getting back to me. I would not imagine it would be any difficult to add the Sonos skills to India’s Amazon Alexa account. Can you please pass this to the concerned team, and see if this can be easily done. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @tanujh007.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. This is still currently a feature request. Let me help you out with this feature request.

Let me share with you the guide about Amazon Alexa availability on Sonos. Currently, India is not supported yet. However,  I will be more than happy to send this to our engineering team to take a look into. I would recommend subscribing to this thread and our announcement topic for any feature releases and updates as you will not receive any direct messages from our engineering team. All feature releases, feature updates, and bug fixes will be announced on the provided link.

Please feel free to let us know or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We highly value all feedback and feature requests.

Thanks,