Question

Sonos One problems

• 23 October 2017
  • 66 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

66 replies

Same here .. Starting some skills just results in silence. Spotify is not supported. This isn't how I imagined it 😕
alexa just saying on the new paly 1 "soory having trouble right now please try again later"
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
You can change the accent of Alexa, in the Alexa app for your Sonos One. Make sure that you have the region set correctly and the language set to UK. That should do the trick from what I've seen here from others on the community.

Also, if anyone's having trouble playing music on a Sonos One with Alexa, there are some things to check. First off, make sure you have the Sonos Skill enabled in the Alexa app. If it already is, it's good to disable it and then enable it again.

After that, say "Alexa, discover devices." And try it again.

Please note, Spotify isn't available to start playback on Alexa for Sonos just yet. We're working on it, but for now you'll have to use another service on Sonos using Alexa. Or, you can use Spotify but start it from the Spotify app or the Sonos app. Alexa can adjust volume and change tracks from any source.
My sonos one only respond to Alexa when you’re about 1-2 feet away. Any further and there’s no response. When music is playing, no response at all.

Sometimes, when I raise my voice to get a response, the sonos one does nothing, but other echo devices in other room respond!

Worst sonos product I have owned. Looking to get a refund.
Badge
Yes , I agree with the general sentiment, very disappointing product.... not as feature rich as an Echo. The killer for me is that spotify doesnt work at all, and any request for music get routed to amazon music....am I the only one that thinks that is a bit too much of a coincidence.
Yes , I agree with the general sentiment, very disappointing product.... not as feature rich as an Echo. The killer for me is that spotify doesnt work at all, and any request for music get routed to amazon music....am I the only one that thinks that is a bit too much of a coincidence.

Yeah, Amazon is afraid of losing sales to Spotify so they don't allow Alexa to initiate play from Spotify on Sonos, but they don't care at all about supporting Spotify on the devices they themselves manufacture, and outsell Sonos devices by 100 to 1? Sorry, but the logic doesn't follow.
Badge
I thought the fact I was disappointed with the whole set up/lack of music playing etc was just me.. so glad to see there is a support group for us all 🙂 Like Prembo.. getting my refund.. I expected a better experience overall from Sonos and was genuinely looking forward to trying out Alexa.. but I sent her home yesterday...
I'm overall pretty happy with it, hoping for little issues to be fixed over time. Although one thing I noted, is that upon setting it up, saying "Alexa, News" initiated "Here's your flash briefing" and then total silence. Later on in the evening, after messing around, now if I say "Alexa, news" it just flashes the light a few times and goes back to like nothing ever happened. Everything else including controlling lights, asking weather, etc works perfectly.
Mine is stuck in mountain standard time north america even though in the app is in europe british summertime and no matter what i do it will not change. I think im gonna send it back as there are to many issues.Stick to the dots. To release this product and not be able to hardley do anything is shocking.

Some have stated that using the Alexa web interface instead of the app lets you change the location properly. Maybe an Alexa app update is needed.
Userlevel 2
Badge
For the white microphone light, simply use a black sharpie to mark over it. You can always wipe it off later...