Question

Sonos One problems

• 23 October 2017
  • 66 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

66 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
@JohnWD - MIne's bedside too. If you find a simple way of disabling the mic light (without disabling Alexa), please let me know.
Badge
Also in U.K. and normally use “Echo” wake word so annoying that I can’t change the One to do the same!
Main white light can be turned off but the Alexa mic light still on - will have to see if a problem as this One is intended for bedside use.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Mine does the same
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
All the reviews suggested a circle of lights when Alexa is listening, mine just makes the centre light glow.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I presume the one under the mic is to show that it's in Alexa listening mode. I guess if you were too disable Voice Services it might turn off ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
I disabled the white light in settings and it worked fine on my Sonos One.

I still have a light under the mic that is always on. The option in the setting does work and turns off the light in the centre. Is the light under the mic always on for you?

Other problems found..

- if music is playing I say "Alexa, next track", she says it can only be done when music is playing

- "Alexa, stop" does not work when music is playing

I think I have a dodgy unit 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge
I disabled the white light in settings and it worked fine on my Sonos One.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
I've got Hue working, I removed Alexa from the unit via the Sonos app and then added Voice services back.

Still no music though, I say "Alexa, play radio", shes says it's playing but nothing happens

I have the British voice, try setting the timezone in Alexa app > Settings > Sonos One, it defaults to US
Userlevel 2
Badge
Since this, I have discovered that if you change the Wake-up Word on the Alexa App from Alexa (US) to Alexa(UK) - it changes to a UK accented Alexa voice.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I also unplugged my Echo and replaced with the Sonos One - I'm UK based. After using the Alexa App to configure UK localisation settings, all seems to work okay. I use the 'Alexa' as my wake-up word, so can't comment on that. I can get Sones One Alexa to control Sonos music in other rooms and to turn lights on/off etc. There appears to be a longer delay than the previous Echo to respond, and I can't change Alexa's voice from North American to British though.