Question

Sonos One not playing TuneIn Radio

• 28 October 2017
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Today it took 4 attempts to get sound to come out of the Sonos Ones when asking it to Play Radio Four. Here is the diagnostic while it was saying it was playing: 8033823. When this happens there is no difficulty getting the Sonos One to play tracks from Amazon Music so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the way the Sonos One is set up.

I hope Sonos can get to the bottom of this soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
That discover devices trick should do it. If that fails, I'd suggest removing the voice control from the system temporarily and then adding it back in. You go to Sonos Settings and toggle off Voice Control. Then disable and re-enable the Alexa app. Then back on in Sonos. Finally, discover again.

If that's giving you trouble, or this keeps coming up, I'd suggest giving us a call on our support line.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
This happens a lot with my Sonos Ones. Sometimes I can get the radio sound to come out by saying, Alexa discover my devices, or by telling it to increase the volume, or by issuing the command again several times. Other times even shouting at it and throwing books or anything at it makes no difference. Although, often after all this if I go and sit in another, darkened room the radio sound will start coming out of the Sonos One. Just to wind me up more!
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
I have a similar issue. Have a read of this thread

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/public-beta-my-feedback-6792177/index1.html#post16155062

Cheers
Thanks for the reply.

There definitely no duplicates and it’s all set up as in the troubleshooting tips. Alexa acknowledges the request and says playing the radio station, just nothing comes out.
Check the Smart devices in your Alexa app. Make sure there are no duplicates. If there are, name them something unique. See other troubleshooting tips here:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4345