Sonos One doesn't work with Hue?

• 23 October 2017
  • 35 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

I had the same problem with Hue, fixed by removing Alexa from the One via Sonos app then re-adding it. Hi Dave, i saw your original post on this, and i tried that with high hopes. Sadly it didnt work.
Did you do anything else after removing Alexa from your Sonos one?
Do you have any other Alexa devices and is your Hue bridge the v1?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
PC World currently have a Hue starter kit with two std white bulbs on sale for £49... I wonder if it's worth getting one to see if a V2 hub works better, and if not just return it? (V2 adds HomeKit support too...)
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
I had the same problem with Hue, fixed by removing Alexa from the One via Sonos app then re-adding it.
That's good news Gavin. Sadly i don't have that option.

Ryan, i'm glad in theory this scenario is meant to work (clearly Amazon support need to be skilled-up on the new system). Do you have ideas on why i can't pair my hub to the One? I do really want to get this working as light control is one of my most used Alexa features.

Thanks
I managed to get this working BUT I had to do it through my Samsung SmartThings platform. I guess if you don;t have SmartThings, this might not work but I just downloaded the Smartthings 'Skill' and it found all of my Hue devices which I can now control through Sonons One.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, the Sonos One can control the Hue devices through the Hue Bridge. The only skill you need are the Hue and the Sonos Alexa skills. There isn't a unique Sonos One skill.

One thing to bring up is that the Sonos One has Amazon Alexa built in, which means it's an Alexa enabled device, but it's not an Echo device. The difference there is that some features are Amazon Echo only, such as drop in and calling features. The Sonos One doesn't have a built-in smart hub so you can't run Hue devices directly off of it, but you can use Alexa within the device to issue commands to your devices.
My suspicion is that the Sonos One is an Alexa enabled device, and not a full Alexa device. Which means that it has a certain amount of difference, which is why things like "drop in" and other features, presumably Hue lights direct control, don't work. That being said, I'd assume that a Sonos One would be able to control a Hue bridge. I haven't tested this yet, but that's my assumption. The new Echo devices from Amazon appear to be able to be a zigbee control device, but I'd seriously doubt that a necessary hardware implementation is made in the Sonos One.
oh no... following. My Sonos One should be arriving tomorrow and I will be super bummed if Hue doesn't work.
I am having the same issue. My hue bridge is the Version 1 (round) and each time I try to discover them, they are just not found. Annoying