Answered

So how do i tell alexa to play an AppleMusic playlist, or a sonos playlist?

• 10 October 2017
  • 28 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

All Sonos has said they will do and have done is incorporated Alexa for voice control. What Alexa won't do at this time on Amazon hardware for Amazon customers isn't possible via Sonos either, where it comes to initiating playback; subsequent commands are available for the cost of the Dot - no charges by Sonos.

I can however see a significant increase of Amazon Music subscriptions coming out of the Sonos user base and I suspect Amazon will carefully weigh the pros/cons of allowing Alexa to initiate music from other streamed sources, while doing so from a local NAS supplied Sonos playlists faces some fundamental architectural issues.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi Mark, Apple Music and Sonos Playlists aren't supported as sources to start playback from using Alexa. Once a playlist is playing, Alexa can pause, change tracks, and adjust volume.

seems pretty worthless if I can't even tell it to play my music
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Mark, Apple Music and Sonos Playlists aren't supported as sources to start playback from using Alexa. Once a playlist is playing, Alexa can pause, change tracks, and adjust volume.