Issues with Alexa and Flash Briefing

• 27 December 2017
  • 34 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

If you're having a similar issue, please reproduce the issue then send in a diagnostic report. If you reply with the confirmation number we can take a look for you.
I have same issue. Can reliably get it to work every second time... ie every morning the first "whats my flash briefing" responds "here is your flash briefing" then nothing. The second query/response works. This pattern happens every morning. Any ideas on fixes. I have latest sw all around (sonos, alexa, etc) and I have no duplicate devices.
I still have this issue. Any solutions?
Im having trouble with my Flash Briefing. I recently moved my speaker from my home to my office and whenever I ask Alexa to play my flash briefing it replies with "Here's your flash briefing" and then silence. I have the latest software and I don't see any duplicate devices. Any ideas?
Im having trouble with my Flash Briefing. I recently moved my speaker from my home to my office and whenever I ask Alexa to play my flash briefing it replies with "Here's your flash briefing" and then silence. I have the latest software and I don't see any duplicate devices. Any ideas?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Login to Alexa.amazon.com and look under your devices in settings. You may find dups
Badge
Hi there, vgottlieb. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Have you updated to the most recent software version? Additionally, I'm curious to see if you have any similarly named smart home devices in the Alexa app. Some users have experienced similar problems with other skills when Sonos devices share the same name as other Alexa enabled devices.

Hi, I have a similar problem. I do have the latest software version. As to named devices, I renamed all my Sonos devices to contain the word Sonos, so there are no duplicates. But, I think Alexa and Sonos each have a device name. For example, I have a Sonos One in the bathroom, and the Alexa settings screen lists: "Bathroom Sonos" (I'm pretty sure this is the name I gave it when I set it up with Sonos) and also "Barry's second Sonos One in Bath" (this sounds like an Amazon name).
Userlevel 2
Badge
You may also find a Sonos device offline in the alexa.amazon.com devices list. That happened to me where it didn't know where to play the briefing to.
Hi there, vgottlieb. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Have you updated to the most recent software version? Additionally, I'm curious to see if you have any similarly named smart home devices in the Alexa app. Some users have experienced similar problems with other skills when Sonos devices share the same name as other Alexa enabled devices.