Answered

Changing Alexa name

• 28 October 2017
  • 28 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Badge
Help, I need to change wake word. Alexa is activated btythe word BREXIT on my system!
I’ll add my full support to this request. My quite specific problem is that I listen to Radio 4 Extra while going to sleep (on a DAB radio, not Sonos as I can pause and rewind). The station is fond of declaring its name between programmes, so whenever Sonos One hears that “... Extra”, Alexa cheerfully wakes up and starts shouting at me for instructions. As I’ve usually drifted off to sleep during that first programme, this is not terribly welcome! Not being able to change the wake word, as I could on the Echo Dot I had in the bedroom previously, means that turning the mic off is the only solution. That rather seems to defeat the object of having it there in the first place (and I don’t always remember to do so at bedtime). Would be good to get this functionality added ASAP. Thanks.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Sorry found my answer in other post since I had the wrong name

I pickup my answer from:

Ryan S Community Manager 8962 replies 3 days ago
kolby100 wrote:
I heard that you cannot.

This is correct. I'll pass on the request to the team for you though.