Question

Cannot use Alexa to play Spotify on Sonos at all

• 23 November 2017
  • 38 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

had the same issue but all accounts had the same email address. disabling and re-enabling sonos skill fixed it for me. thanks!
IT WORKS FOR ME TOO! Sends Schmolliday a big kiss as I have drunk too much Thanksgiving costco port.
Do you use the same email address for Amazon, Spotify and Sonos accounts? I had the same problem so disabled Sonos skill in Alexa App and when enabled again noticed I was using a different email address for Amazon account. Changed this to the same email address as the Spotify account and it worked straight away!!!!! That worked!

My amazon prime membership is actually in my wifes name so the echo dot was set up using her details, I've now redone it all using my details and Spotify works fine, However I can't request Prime music as that only works if I use her details. Humph....
No, I don't. Will try this.
Do you use the same email address for Amazon, Spotify and Sonos accounts? I had the same problem so disabled Sonos skill in Alexa App and when enabled again noticed I was using a different email address for Amazon account. Changed this to the same email address as the Spotify account and it worked straight away!!!!!
Same, I have spotify premium, it will play spotify through the dot, and it is obviously recognizing my sonos as if I say "Alexa, play X in kitchen" (where I have a sonos called Kitchen) it says "Sorry, something went wrong", but if I say "Alexa, play X in bathroom" (where I don't have a sonos called Bathroom) it says I couldn't find anything called Bathroom. Those of you who are having this issue, have you managed to get things to play on your Sonos through Alexa but not using Spotify?
Exact same issue here. Doing my head in.
Come on Sonos- surely you tested this prior to putting this out? So basic
I have the same issue. Anyone solved this?
Userlevel 2
No, I have premium so it should be working. Good idea though.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Ive seen some posts referring to Spotify Premium, maybe it doesn't work with the trial or free version of Spotify only the paid up Premium version.......just guessing.
Userlevel 2
Same issue here as well
I've got the same issue