Answered

Calm Radio issue with Alexa

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
The Calm Radio app in Sonos works fine. However when I try to start a channel via Alexa I get the message "sorry we are having problems connecting to your calm radio skill right now". Anyone else having this problem?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 9 May 2018, 01:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Just to make sure, you've added the Calm Radio skill to Alexa in the Alexa app, right?

And just a note... many of the skills that are not "music service" skills (meaning they show up under the Music, video, and books section of the Alexa app) but instead just use a basic audio play process in Alexa don't often work with Sonos. These include many of the nature/sleep sound skills, skills like Plex (which just added music playback to its skill), and others. Calm Radio likely falls into this category, since I don't see it listed as a "Music service" in my Alexa app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Supposed to be one they recently fixed. You may want to try disabling the skill and re-enabling it.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
The app is activated (its in the music and audio section) and I've disconnected and reconnected. The app opens on request and it asks me which channel I want to listen to. No matter what channel I ask for I still get the error message. This has obviously not been fixed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you tried deactivating and twactivatingvthe actual Sonos skill in alexa
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Have you tried deactivating and twactivatingvthe actual Sonos skill in alexa

Yes, tried that. Made no difference.
Calm Radio is not one of the most recent Audio Skills supported on Sonos One. However, I've seen the Calm Radio Alexa Skill as feature request before. I will be happy to tag this topic as such and get this to the team.

Thanks for your patience everyone!