Answered

Australia - “Apple Music is not available in your country”

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Badge +1
The Support person i spoke to at Apple (cant remember their name) said that Apple Music on Alexa was most certainly supported in Australia and that there should be no reason why it wasnt working on my Sonos. they did go to pains to state that it was ONLY avaolable on Echo devices, fire TV and Alexa enable Sonos, but there should be no reason why I couldnt link accounts. As the linking failed on the Alexa app, they suggested that my app on my phone miht be corrupted and advised me to reinstall it. But that didnt fix it. They then suggested that i contact Amazon, but i couldnt find an easily locatable number and resorted to sending a text request for support.

The Apple Support person did, hoever, somewhat cheekily, advise me that there was no problem using voice commands for playing Apple Music on a Homepod...
Badge
wow, reading about your experience makes me really angry. It sucks that they just don’t care. Even worse than that, they refuse to believe the experience of their customer and other information out there. Ridiculous.
Badge +1
The Support person i spoke to at Apple (cant remember their name) said that Apple Music on Alexa was most certainly supported in Australia and that there should be no reason why it wasnt working on my Sonos. they did go to pains to state that it was ONLY avaolable on Echo devices, fire TV and Alexa enable Sonos, but there should be no reason why I couldnt link accounts. As the linking failed on the Alexa app, they suggested that my app on my phone miht be corrupted and advised me to reinstall it. But that didnt fix it. They then suggested that i contact Amazon, but i couldnt find an easily locatable number and resorted to sending a text request for support.

The Apple Support person did, hoever, somewhat cheekily, advise me that there was no problem using voice commands for playing Apple Music on a Homepod...

I got rid of HomePods for this... because I was told at every point and turn, even by their sales team, that it worked for the purposes of what I wanted/needed.

Apple and Amazon even updated their pages since announcing support in AU to include - specifically - Sonos devices, and not just "Echo and Alexa enabled devices" - they name-drop Sonos on purpose.

I am very, very interested to hear about how you get along on Monday with Sonos.

As for Amazon, I found reaching them super easy. Open the Alexa app, go to Help and Feedback, Call Customer Service, select a device, a category (SKILLS), followed by "Apple Music" then enter your number and they will call you right back.

On the off chance you speak to someone who I spoke to, his name is Vikram.
Badge +1
wow, reading about your experience makes me really angry. It sucks that they just don’t care. Even worse than that, they refuse to believe the experience of their customer and other information out there. Ridiculous.

Mate I am beyond livid. They were unbelievable on the phone today. I spent HOURS talking to them and they refused point blank to believe anything I had to say, or fact check Amazon or Apple's website. They couldn't have cared less if they tried that Apple and Amazon were specifically quoting their devices as doing something which they say they do not do, and do not plan to implement functionality for them to do so at any point in time.

I hope you don't mind but I actually quoted your posts - given that your name states you're Aussie - and your posts around Apple Music and they told me you must be using a VPN, with your location set to US, with a US Apple Music account. When I told them to read your posts, and look up the forums, they kept repeating "we are not aware of anything relating to this" (Howard did) over and over and over.

I honestly ended up screaming at him and then he put me through to Michael.

You should also give them a call and ask specifically for those staff members and maybe we can get something going...
Hello everyone, I have a quick update on this -

Apple Music via Alexa is in the process of going live on Sonos in Australia and New Zealand, as such you may find it working already. Since it's still rolling out, the teams aren't allowed to talk about it as it's an unannounced feature. However, you definitely didn't get the right messages from our support team here, I'll make sure the team is able to look into what went wrong.

That said, when it's confirmed to be up and running at 100% I'll make sure to leave an update on this thread.

Thanks for your patience.
Badge +1

Strangely enough, This happened today...

The Sonos still wont play any music usin Apple Music on Alexa though, so.... progress, i guess?
Badge +1
Hi @AussieSonosUserXCX and @ithuliel

Did you speak to Sonos? Did you manage to get yourselves up and running?

Mine appears to be working well, the only thing I can't seem to do is ask Alexa to play in specific spots "Alexa, play music" (all speakers play). Let's say I want to stop the bedroom speaker "Alexa, stop playing music in the bedroom" and then the lounge room carries on. If I want the bedroom to pick up where the lounge left off, Alexa starts either a custom Apple Music station, or a random library track, I can't get her to "resume" the other speaker.

Hoping you guys get it working if you haven't already... if you want to PM me I am happy to run through or take screenshots of my setup or anything you need.
Badge +1
So just like @ithuliel ithuliel I have been able to link Apple Music and Alexa, but when I try to play music ("Alexa play Music") with Apple Music set to the default service, I receive the audio reply: "Hmm, to do that first enable the Skill for your Sonos One in the Alexa app, then ask me to discover devices".

The Sonos App is enabled - is this what you're getting too @ithuliel?

CC @AussieSonosUserXCX @Keith N

Badge +1
PS: quite the change of tune from Sonos!