Answered

Alexa starts playing music on her own, thru Sonos hours after I've gone to bed

• 14 October 2017
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Keeps happening to me too, randomly. No one else living with me, no animals, so it’s not that. Started when I got the SonosOne, along with other weird things like my Alexa dot (living room) answering through my Sonos one (bathroom). Very very annoying, at this point unplugging Sonos at night to avoid wake ups. Any thoughts on fixes are very welcome.
I just posted something similar and then saw this. It woke my wife and I up last night as the whole house started playing a tune-in station that I've never even listened to. Rock Christmas something or other.... too early for Christmas 😛
Userlevel 1
Thanks, Ryan. Updating now but a bit late to do any testing. You're right about another controller thinking about it, at least for the Playbar. If the dog sat on the Harmony and turned on the Tivo box it would explain that one
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, this shouldn't happen, though I have seen the odd Alexa command get stalled out in the servers that winds up going through after a while. That hasn't happened since very early versions of the beta.

To start with, check for updates and get to the latest Sonos version, 8.1. Then, if this comes up again, can you submit a diagnostic and let us know the number? We'll take a look.

Also, there's a chance the music is getting restarted another way, such as the play/pause button being pressed on the player, or a controller triggering the play.
Userlevel 1
Yep I've had this as well although I got it occaisionally when I had the echo dot connected to my Play:5 via line-in before the public beta release so I assume it is Alexa doing it or my dog has learned to talk and chooses only to turn on music with this new talent. Since removing the line-in I've had it a couple of times on other devices; once on the Playbar and once on the Patio fed by a Connect:Amp