Alexa in Portuguese-br

• 18 October 2019
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello.

I would like to know if sonos plans to release alexa to Brazil in portuguese-br.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Still waiting some Sonos app update to put alexa in Portuguese. This is really frustrating! Best sound quality, worst app development

Mate, I actually made it work by changing my amazon account to the US, installing Sonos skill and then changing back to Brazil again. Not hard to do, on youtube you can find how to do it.

Mate, I actually made it work by changing my amazon account to the US, installing Sonos skill and then changing back to Brazil again. Not hard to do, on youtube you can find how to do it.

by doing that you were able to use Alexa in Portuguese? How? Portuguese BR is not at the available language at the skill description as you can see below

Supported Languages

English (AU), English (CA), English (GB), English (US), French (CA), French (FR), German (DE), Italian (IT), Japanese (JP), Spanish (ES), Spanish (MX), Spanish (US)

It’s one year anniversary of Alexa in Portuguese and no news from Sonos. I am slowly replacing my speakers to native Alexa ones. Not as good sound like Sonos but at least they respect us.

Honestly it is difficult to understand, more than a year with alexa's service in brazil, and sonos has not yet enabled its device. What is the problem with Brazilians

The same here: one of the reasons I chase Sonos was because it is compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa. When I tried to configure the whole system to work: “not working in your country”…..

Very disappointed.

I can’t believe this. Sonos app dev is AWFULL. If I knew it was like this I would not buy it. 

Where is the support for portuguese? Is that so difficult to make happen? Omg

This is very frustrating. Over a year of requests and not even an update. Must not be difficult to develop. If this is never going to happen, at least put out an official statement so we can get rid of our Sonos equipment. I might as well do it sooner or later.

Any update for this thread? I can’t use Alexa in Brazil, even if I decide to talk in English with her.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any update for this thread? I can’t use Alexa in Brazil, even if I decide to talk in English with her.

Hi vnovas,

You can do that however you have to trick Sonos+Alexa to think you are living outside of Brazil, that way you can do the configuration and be able to talk in English. I don’t remember exactly how to do this as I have done it long time ago, but you can, just search on the internet and you you find how. I suggest you configure everything including your Amazon Alexa account as you were living abroad, that way you will be able to configure it for English.

The biggest issue still is that Portuguese is not available even though Amazon released Portuguese as an official language.

I think that has to deal with a contract maybe as other languages are available like italian, spanish, etc.

Regards,

Cesar

Userlevel 2
Badge

Adding to that I think until we have Sonos officially in Brazil we won’t have Alexa in Portuguese.

Check the following link for the languages available.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3505?language=en_US

Badge

There is someone from Sonos that reads that? My felling is that we discuss that for more than a year but no one in Sonos even look this posts. Are there a way to send a question to Sonos officially? Just to make sure they know that many customers are not satisfied. 

Should not be so complicate as Alexa is already in pt. I have other appliances that don’t have Portuguese but they let you use Alexa in pt. Not 100% ok but most of the things works fine and good enough is better than perfect. Why Sonos does not work like that too?

It is a shame that a so good company is not looking those details. 

Eu comprei minha Sonos Move no início de 2020. Um dos grandes fatores que me fez tomar essa decisão foi o selo da amazon certificando a integração com o sistema Alexa. Configurei nos Eua em inglês e voltei para o Brasil. Depois de alguns meses parou de funcionar e eu nunca mais consegui habilitar. Agora, estou automatizando a minha casa, tive que comprar dois amazon echo dot e simplesmente não consigo tocar música na minha Sonos Move (que eu tanto gosto do som) ao mesmo tempo. Vendo todas as perguntas aqui e falta de uma atitude prática pelo time Sonos, estou decidido de vendê-la para substituir por algum dispositivo que seja 100% integrado. Acho que é mais útil usarmos esse espaço para discutirmos sobre qual produto (que não Sonos) devemos comprar com integração total à Alexa? Qual vcs indicam para eu substituir minha Sonos Move?

I bought my Sonos Move on the early 2020. The feature that made me decide for it was the fake Amazon Alexa integration. I set it up in the US, it worked, and then came back to Brazil . After some months Alexa had stopped working. Now that Im getting home automation seriously I had to buy two amazon echo dots to control my smart devices. My Sonos move became useless since I’m not even able to play songs at the same time along with my other smart speakers. I’m truly feeling frustrated about this lie. Sonos should not be able to use Amazon Alexa seal since it’s not available everywhere. We live in a globalized world guys.. common!! I just arrived in this forum and seeing all the frustrated pals and not even one action from Sonos team but “ok, we’re sending your concern to our team” for more than one year I just decided to sell my Sonos Move. That said, I think we should use this space to discuss about alternative devices that could replace our useless non amazon alexa Sonos. What is an equivalent speaker that is Amazon Alexa friendly for Sonos Move? What would you buy instead? Thank you all!