One speaker from stereo pair stops working

Show first post

176 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

I have a pair of Play:1's in my kitchen, configured as a stereo pair.

Several times now (maybe, on average, once every 2 weeks), the right speaker stops working. Once it stops, it never comes back and the only way I can get it to come back is to separate the pair, and recreate it. This (so far) has worked immediately every time, so it appears the speaker itself works fine (in fact, when I separate it, I can always play music directly on it).

I have a couple of other pairs of Play:1's in my setup, and only ever get this problem with the same, right, speaker in my kitchen zone. Nether speakers are wired.

Any ideas why I keep getting this problem? For Sonos support, my Diagnostic confirmation number is: 603946054.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. There's some wireless interference showing up in your report which is likely the reason for the audio issues you're having. Please start by changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.

It may also help to take a look around your Sonos units for any third party electronics which could be causing interference. Try moving any devices you find away from your speakers and see if that helps.