Upgrade problem

• 23 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I have two Play 5 speakers and both had the upgrade option. I used one to buy the Arc home theater set and I love it so much I thought I would order just an arc for my dad. When I go to upgrade my other Play 5 it no longer has the upgrade option. My first one says it has been used for the program but my second one just shows nothing but the speaker. Has Sonos changed their policy? Is it just one upgrade per household now? Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

​Hi @sdtheclub, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having compatibility issues with your Sonos speakers right now. To get a better view of the status of your Sonos system, please submit a diagnostic report for us to check what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help out.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Not a very helpful response from Sonos’ new support team.

The policy appears not to have changed. When I go to my account on Sonos website, there is an upgrade page that lists all of my eligible speakers. I can just check the box for a speaker and click upgrade at the bottom of the page. Is your un-upgraded speaker plugged in? This could be why it doesn’t show up.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

It is plugged in and it wasn’t showing up as upgradable. Now I just checked again and now it’s there. Very strange but happy it’s now working. Thanks for the help

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

That does seem strange, but I’m glad it’s showing up now.

Try to restart your device before upgrade. I have bought my new SONU speaker and its working perfectly fine after upgraded. There’s some ****** that helps to choose the best product.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Curious as to what a SONU speaker is. Can’t find anything on Google....