Answered

SONOS SPEAKERS STOLEN - CAN SONOS TRACK SPEAKERS THAT HAVE BEEN STOLEN TO A NEW USER?

• 26 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Recently my office was broken into and I had (2) Play 1 speakers stolen. Both were fairly new and I have the receipt showing the Serial Number of both speakers. A police report was filed. I am wondering if Sonos can track the speakers to a new registered user as the speakers are registered on the app in order to use them. Any info would be appreciated. I would love to have the police follow up on this with the assistance of Sonos. Thanks in advance for the assistance.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 November 2018, 19:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Probably a question you want to discuss with them directly on the phone, rather than in a public forum, where the thief might see your data.

I'd contact Sonos to discuss it.
Usually these things are between the local police and Sonos. Have the police doing the investigation contact Sonos support. Be sure to tell them your Sonos account name.