Answered

SONOS SPEAKERS STOLEN - CAN SONOS TRACK SPEAKERS THAT HAVE BEEN STOLEN TO A NEW USER?

• 26 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Recently my office was broken into and I had (2) Play 1 speakers stolen. Both were fairly new and I have the receipt showing the Serial Number of both speakers. A police report was filed. I am wondering if Sonos can track the speakers to a new registered user as the speakers are registered on the app in order to use them. Any info would be appreciated. I would love to have the police follow up on this with the assistance of Sonos. Thanks in advance for the assistance.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 November 2018, 19:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Usually these things are between the local police and Sonos. Have the police doing the investigation contact Sonos support. Be sure to tell them your Sonos account name.
Probably a question you want to discuss with them directly on the phone, rather than in a public forum, where the thief might see your data.

I'd contact Sonos to discuss it.