Carrying case for Play:5?

• 7 July 2014
  • 7 replies

I have a Play:5 that I take back and forth from my primary residence to my vacation home. I have searched for, but have been unsuccessful in locating a padded carrying case to protect for transport. End up wrapping in a beach towel, and then in a backpack. Are you aware of any plans to produce a carrying case? Or any existing 3rd party case that might work well for the Play:5? Thanks. I'm loving my Sonos system.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello,

As of right now, Sonos has not announced plans to incorporate a case. 

Nonetheless, this is a great suggestion. I'm going to change this question to an 'Idea' so that others can vote on this and provide feedback. 
I want to buy one too. I guess I will look on Amazon for an aftermarket product.
Check out the PELICAN CASE #1460 with foam insert. A little pricey but will protect your Play5 even in the pouring rain.
I got a padded gym bag type case from WalMart. On my third year with it hauling my Sonos gear from the house to my RV and back again.
Perhaps it's a little larger than you'd like, but the current shipping box offers excellent protection.
Yes, a carrying case would be good because the Gen2 PLAY 5 no longer has a handle and the case is very slippery.
That 'handle' you're referring to is actually the bass reflex port... :8