Carrying case for Play:5?

• 7 July 2014
  • 7 replies

I have a Play:5 that I take back and forth from my primary residence to my vacation home. I have searched for, but have been unsuccessful in locating a padded carrying case to protect for transport. End up wrapping in a beach towel, and then in a backpack. Are you aware of any plans to produce a carrying case? Or any existing 3rd party case that might work well for the Play:5? Thanks. I'm loving my Sonos system.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

That 'handle' you're referring to is actually the bass reflex port... :8
Yes, a carrying case would be good because the Gen2 PLAY 5 no longer has a handle and the case is very slippery.
Perhaps it's a little larger than you'd like, but the current shipping box offers excellent protection.
I got a padded gym bag type case from WalMart. On my third year with it hauling my Sonos gear from the house to my RV and back again.
Check out the PELICAN CASE #1460 with foam insert. A little pricey but will protect your Play5 even in the pouring rain.
I want to buy one too. I guess I will look on Amazon for an aftermarket product.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello,

As of right now, Sonos has not announced plans to incorporate a case. 

Nonetheless, this is a great suggestion. I'm going to change this question to an 'Idea' so that others can vote on this and provide feedback.