Sonos Hardware Lifespan- Should I buy or wait?

• 31 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m thinking about expanding my Sonos system to my wired speakers with a Sonos Amp. Now, this product is about to be 2yo, you think is a good time to buy or a Sonos Amp 2 might be on it’s way?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’m pretty sure that even if you get it now and something better comes out in 2 years they will:

a)  continue to support your hardware for possibly up to 10 years (from when it was released)
b)  give you trade-in credit (probably only if it falls out of support though, which it won’t be in 2 years)

And c) if current Sonos Amp hardware can support it, do a firmware upgrade on the Amp with new features.

I’m pretty sure that even if you get it now and something better comes out in 2 years they will:

a)  continue to support your hardware for possibly up to 10 years (from when it was released)​​​​​​​
b)  give you trade-in credit (probably only if it falls out of support though, which it won’t be in 2 years)

No one really knows for sure, but I’d be somewhat surprised if a new version of the Sonos Amp came out soon. The number of years between the release of the CONNECT:AMP and the release of the replacement Sonos Amp was significantly greater than two years.