Answered

Power Surge Protector

• 2 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi All,

I recently got the Arc and Subwoofer. I’m looking for some recommendations on a new power surge protector. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 January 2021, 08:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Any basic power strip with surge protection will protect your Arc and Sub. Is there something specific you are looking for in a surge protector?

Badge

Great! Thanks for your help @GuitarSuperstar!! 

Badge

Well it would also be for my Samsung 55 and I was wondering anyone had thoughts on any smart power strips. 

Userlevel 7

Do you have any other devices you are connecting to your TV like a streaming media device or Blu-ray player? Do you want to be able to control the power strip with Alexa or with an app?

Badge

I do have an AppleTV, and would like to control it through an app. I do currently own a TPLink Kasa smart power strip for my humidifier, space heater, grow lights. And I like the ease of use it provides with the app. If I get another Kasa power strip would it be suitable for my TV, Arc, and Sub?

Userlevel 7

Yes, the TP-Link smart power strip would work just fine. And the six outlets would be enough for your four devices. Although it is much more expensive than most power strips.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you don’t need smart features something like this gives excellent protection for a fair price. The connected equipment warranty can really pay off too.I have a lot of these, 2 to 8 outlets.

Brand Tripp Lite
Color White
Material Metal
Voltage 120 Volts
Maximum Surge Rating 3330 Joules

https://smile.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Protector-Right-Angle-ISOBAR4ULTRA/dp/B0000513O4/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1