Play 5 pair or Play 1 pair + Sub

• 11 March 2017
  • 27 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
The statement from Sonos quoted in the last post in that thread seems pretty definitive, sadly, though your question as to why the Play 5 then still has a line in is of course valid.
One thing to consider in terms of flexibility is that a setup of play:1s + sub can more easily be converted to a home theatre setup than a pair of play:5s.

For my main living space, I have a playbar + sub + play:3s. I've considered delgating this for TV only and then adding a pair of play:5s to this for music. The problem, besides cost, is that I don't know that it would be much of an improvement sound wise. Then the there is the fact that I would really need to wall mount the 5s and pay an electrician to do the wiring. Lastly, I'd want to ensure that the system switches between TV and music without me having to turn one off before turning the other on.

In my perfect world, Sonos develops a 5.1 setup wiithout a sound bar, that way I can remove the playbar, add 5s .