Question

One big room solutions please

• 13 December 2016
  • 29 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Yes, I have the boost. Works great.

Kris:)
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Just be sure to hard wire one of you Sonos speakers to the router or get a Boost to use SonosNet. Just a better way to run Sonos.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I did just about every room in my house with play1 (15 total). I think it's Sonos' best speaker. I started with a play5 which sounds great but the size and $$$ are bigger. Also you could tell what direction the music was coming from so I bought a second one thinking two would envelop the room so no one would be able to tell direction of the music and it didn't work so I started buying play1 and replaced the two play5 with four play1. Now no one can tell what direction the music is coming from and the play1 are easier to place. They don't change the décor of the rooms. I also added the sub and the place sounds awesome. I ended up splitting up the play5 into bedrooms which they can easily cover. Buy as many play1 as you can afford.

Kris:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I always think Play:5 is a good start.

I would say grab 2 Play:5's to start for the large room.

I would use a single Play:1 for each bathroom (assuming you have outlets in bathroom).

Master Bedroom I'm not sure how much power you want in there but a Play:5 is pretty powerful. I would say a single Play:5 would do well there as well unless it is more for casual background music then maybe a 3.

Lounge - not sure size but pair of Play:1s or a couple Play:5s depending on how high end you want to go in there.

I would at least get a couple 5"s and a couple 1's and play around with and think of 3's as just a little step up from the 1's

and if you want some extra bass the Sonos Sub is a terrific unit - may be good to have for the large room.